Keeper League 17

Started by rjs246, August 07, 2017, 09:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

Can you tell me how I can access the consolation bracket because I don't know what you're talking about. Please let me know how to log in while you're at it.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

Quote from: AO1 on November 28, 2017, 02:18:39 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 28, 2017, 01:59:54 PM
There are 4 playoff spots for the top 4 teams. There are also 4 consolation playoff spots for the next 4 teams (5 - 8 ). Bottom 2 teams are done at the end of the reg season.

Wait what? I started the tank process early this season because I was stuck at the bottom. I'm currently in 8th. So technically I'm still alive?

No. You suck and your season is probably done unless you're excited about the possibility of finishing in 5th place with an 8th place record.

SD

How does the consolation work exactly?

rjs246

They're meaningless playoff matchups that do nothing other than potentially ruin your draft position next season.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Playoffs:

#1 vs #4
#2 vs #3

Winner #1/#4 vs Winner #2/#3 for 1st and 2nd place overall (10th and 9th draft pick).
Loser #1/#4 vs Loser #2/#3 for 3rd and 4th place overall (8th and 7th draft pick)

Consoloation:

#5 vs #8
#6 vs #7

Winner #5/#8 vs Winner #6/#7 for 5th and 6th place overall (6th and 5th draft pick).
Loser #5/#8 vs Loser #6/#7 for 7th and 8th place overall (4th and 3rd draft pick).

Done:

#9 (2nd draft pick)
#10 (1st draft pick)

So if you finish the regular season in 8th place, you could potentially win the consolation round and finish in 5th place, which gives you a lower draft pick next year.  I guess it's no big deal when you're playing in a non-keeper league that resets draft positions every year, but it probably has no business in keeper/dynasty type leagues like this one. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on November 28, 2017, 03:27:04 PM
Can you tell me how I can access the consolation bracket because I don't know what you're talking about. Please let me know how to log in while you're at it.

I wrote down very detailed instructions on how to log in.  They're in your mom's cavernous vadge.  Go fetch. 

SD

Tank you

Trust the process

Munson

So long story short, I should bench Wentz and all my good players?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

Quote from: Munson on November 28, 2017, 05:25:57 PM
So long story short, I should bench Wentz and all my good players?

You could do that for sure, but in a league where everyone gets four keepers getting the first pick isn't always that valuable. Sometimes a stacked team needs to let go of a top player, but if the GM is smart they'll usually try to trade before that happens. It's rare that any of the top 10 players are available at the draft and usually there are only 2-3 top 20 players. The round-after-round improvement in draft position might have some value but it's usually better just to not suck at life and do a good job drafting. For reference check every draft I've put together since I joined this league.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Hah, true. And rookies are valued pretty high considering it's basically a dynasty league.

Thanks for getting hurt, Dalvin Cook :boo
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

rjs246

hbionic can't catch a fargin' break in this league.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Is he out? I get Devontae Freeman as my keeper from his team next season. I traded him Tyreek Hill.

rjs246

My not-very-good team took a giant dump on him. I've got 130+ points with my QB and a WR still to go tonight.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on December 18, 2017, 05:23:09 PM
My not-very-good team took a giant dump on him. I've got 130+ points with my QB and a WR still to go tonight.

Didn't you win last season? I'm calling shenanigans

hbionic

Bullshtein.

Another one and done.

Muther farger.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05