2018 Flyers: They'll Still Suck

Started by Geowhizzer, July 01, 2018, 12:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Today's game:

1.  Haag gets a four-minute high stick penalty when one Islander his his teammate.  Haag's stick never left the ice.
2.  Corturier is cross-checked head-first into the boards and has to leave the game for concussion protocall.  Play was right in front of the ref.  No penalty.  Wouldn't be surprised if the Islander gets a game or two for that.
3.  Hartman is given an interference penalty while fighting for the puck with the Islander's Mayfield (at best a 50/50 play with the Islander).  This is followed up by Voracek being given an unsportsmanlike, giving the Islander a two-minute 5-on-3.

The Flyers can suck plenty well enough on their own.  They don't need help from the Refs.

(On the other side, the first Flyers goal somehow went off the wall on a weird angle, off the goalie's shoulder/back, and into the goal.)

ice grillin you

Carter Hart currently has best sv% in NHL History for a goalie over a season aged 20 or below (15+ gp):

Hart: .921 sv% (27gp)
Price: .920 sv% (41gp)
Vasilevsky: .918 sv% (16gp)
Thibault: .917 sv% (18gp)
Mason: .916 sv% (61gp)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Seven minutes into the game, and Brian Elliot's given up four goals... in five shots.

ice grillin you

flyers drop one spot in the lottery

Chicago went from 12 to somewhere in the top 3

ice grillin you

looks like the devils or rangers are going to get hughes unless the hawks pull off the miracle of miracles