Main Menu

Koy ....

Started by 4and26, August 29, 2005, 12:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4and26

Read over the game thread of the Bungles game and some post game reports but did Koy do anything to help himself?
Before the game reports were he really had to step it up after McMannon's game the previous week.  Did he do that?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

In my humble opinion Koy is our holder and that's it. He is no longer McNabb's backup. That job belongs to McMahon.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Koy is good for:

1. Holding
2. Neckbeards
3. Seeing which $1000 junker he'll drive this year
4. Hearing about his $100 shopping spree to K-Mart for one set of clothes and a toothbrush for his road outfit in 2005

Quaterbacking isn't on the list of things he's good at.

4and26

Quote from: rjs246 on August 29, 2005, 12:56:35 PM
In my humble opinion Koy is our holder and that's it. He is no longer McNabb's backup. That job belongs to McMahon.
So how does that work, Koy would be listed as #2 QB so he could hold right?   If he's listed as #3 he'd be the emergency QB and wouldn't be able to come in.  Right?

Sgt PSN

Koy hasn't been the "legit" backup since Feeley was here.  And the only reason he's #2 on the depth chart now is because of his role as the holder since the rules state that the #1 and #2 QB's can come on and off the field as many times as they want to during a game, but once the #3 QB comes on, the #1 cannot come back on the field.  Or something like that. 

SunMo

the problem is, unless Koy is the backup QB, he can't be the holder.  i just hope that the fact that he is a great holder elevates him to back up QB.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

JTrotter Fan

Well, if there would be a need to replace McNabb permanently in a game, it wouldn't matter if McMahon came in because 5 would be out the remainder.  So...McMahon can stay #3 for now.  Koy can come in if McNabb needs to be out for a series or something.  Koy knows how to hand off to Westbrook and toss him some screens.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

rjs246

Quote from: Sun_Mo on August 29, 2005, 12:59:38 PM
the problem is, unless Koy is the backup QB, he can't be the holder.  i just hope that the fact that he is a great holder elevates him to back up QB.

Are you some sort of retard? Koy is the backup QB BECAUSE he is the holder. Did you think that he was going to lose his holding job because Mike McMahon is a better QB than he is? If that were the case AJ Feeley and Jeff Blake would have been holding for us the past several years and Koy would have been out of a job for a very long time.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MURP

Akers loves Koys holding,  all of the team and coaches love Koys attitude and mental approach to the game, fans love Koys beard.   But its hard to imagine him taking over full time if DMAC went down.  I agree that it's McMahons job in that situation.

SunMo

Quote from: rjs246 on August 29, 2005, 01:06:00 PM
Quote from: Sun_Mo on August 29, 2005, 12:59:38 PM

Are you some sort of retard? Koy is the backup QB BECAUSE he is the holder. Did you think that he was going to lose his holding job because Mike McMahon is a better QB than he is? If that were the case AJ Feeley and Jeff Blake would have been holding for us the past several years and Koy would have been out of a job for a very long time.

do you go to any home games?  i'd love to meet you.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Personally I'd like to see him grow the beard out. It would be funny to see him having to rip patches of the necko off of his face to untangle his chinstrap.

JTrotter Fan

Yeah, i love Koy as a holder also and i wouldn't want that to get screwed up unless Donovan went down for the season or something.  But that is not going to happen and i'm knocking on wood now.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Diomedes

Quote from: Sun_Mo on August 29, 2005, 01:07:56 PMdo you go to any home games? i'd love to meet you.

Gross. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger