Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

The Mic just triple bogeyed, Tiger smells blood.

He farging missed again!  WTF?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

He should pretend like his putts are his piece and the hole is the vadge of a waffle house waitress.

ice grillin you

he almost swished that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Christ, you blink during the past half hour you miss a leader change.

ice grillin you

this is unreal....five way tie for first

tiger has left to many putts out there today...he should be at least -13 right now

Eagles_Legendz

Yep, on this 9 alone, he's missed 3 putts by inches.

I'm hoping for a 5 person playoff.  That would be nuts.  Ogilvy clutchsauce right now.

ice grillin you

Eagles_Legendz

Biggest collapse of all time?  It is painful to watch right now.

reese125

The legend Mcllroy is having the worst collapse in PGA tour history. Sucks too because he's so close Nicklaus' record.

ice grillin you

mickelson obviously missed the cut.....or did he go off super early today

Eagles_Legendz

mickelson just finished up with a 74 today.  -1 I think.

Eagles_Legendz

what is a bo van pelt?

QB Eagles

Way to go, Woj

QuoteWoods could have won this thing, you know. Not because he took the leaderboard behind the woodshed Saturday -- he didn't, shooting a clunky 2-over-par 74 -- but because almost nobody else did.

Rory McIlroy, the 21-year-old Northern Irishman who can recite every shot of Tiger's win here in 1997, remains your Masters leader entering the final round. He's led or co-led from the start to the end of 54 holes. Unless he has to play left-handed Sunday, McIlroy will become the second-youngest Masters winner in history ... just 237 days behind Woods.

Of course, don't tell Woods this. Asked if he could still win the tournament, Woods didn't hesitate.

"Absolutely," he said, hands on hips.

Woods must have been channeling his inner Nick Faldo when he said it. Or maybe he was overcome by Saturday's stifling heat and humidity.

Yes, in 1996 Greg Norman began the final round of the Masters with a six-stroke lead. And he lost by five shots to Faldo.

But McIlroy hasn't been Larry Mized by this place. Norman had the memories of Mize and that crazy, do-you-believe-in-miracles 1987 playoff chip-in still rattling around in his brain. McIlroy doesn't have that thick of scar tissue.

Nineteen of the last 20 Masters winners have come from the last Sunday pairing. McIlroy is in it, Woods isn't.

Woods is tied for ninth, meaning he'd have to high jump over 12 other players to take the lead. Not going to happen. His game hasn't recovered from swing surgery yet.

He won't win, but he'll add to his confidence. And these days, that matters.

"I've got to go out there and put together a good round [Sunday] and see what happens," he said.

McIlroy is going to happen Sunday. But one of these majors -- and soon -- Woods is going to happen too.

This was the main story on the front page of ESPN.com this morning.