farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Link

QuoteTerrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys
( Air Date: 3/16/2006 )
Sources within the Dallas Cowboys have told the KLBK-13 Sports Department that the Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.

Owens was ran out of Philadelphia after bad-mouthing the Eagles organization and quarterback Donovan McNabb last season. Owens is also remembered for taunting the Dallas Cowboys and its fans on the "Texas Stadium Star" while he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers a few years ago.

Owens enters his 11th season in the NFL, and will play on his third
team in four years.

Figured this deserves it's own thread.

The BIGSTUD

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

REPORT OF T.O. SIGNING IS "BOGUS"

Reports originating from a Lubbock, Texas television station that receiver Terrell Owens has signed with the Cowboys are "bogus," a league source with knowledge of the situation tells us.

KLBK 13 says that sources with the Cowboys have told the station that Owens already has been signed, and that the move will be announced on Monday.

On one hand, we could envision the Cowboys intentionally leaking misinformation in order to scare off other potential suitors while owner Jerry Jones wraps up a vacation.  On the other hand, why in the hell would the leak be made to a television station in Lubbock?

Bottom line -- there's no deal, and the reports are erroneous.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Oh well, PFT has been pretty reliable as of late. Damn fast, too.

The BIGSTUD

I wouldn't delete it yet. Just edit it with a question mark and you are good to go.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on March 16, 2006, 10:18:56 PM
I wouldn't delete it yet. Just edit it with a question mark and you are good to go.

Better?

The BIGSTUD

PhillyGirl

QuoteOwens was ran out of Philadelphia

Nice grammar.  ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Diomedes

They deserve each other.  Let it happen for all I care.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

The BIGSTUD

:-D

I hope he signs with Miami now. I want them to experience what we did with Bentley.

cmleary0919

I'de rather him sign with dallas just to watch Darth & Mini-Darth sandwich the hell out of him twice a year.  :evil

Bigskinbauer

GO TERPS

The BIGSTUD

Jay Glazer is apparently now reporting he signed a 3 year deal with Dallas.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

The BIGSTUD

That's what I read on a Cowboys forum.

Could be their version of TATE with fake rumors though, but apparently scout.com or whatever is reporting it's done too.

MDS

please please let this be true, i wanna see the media storm that will come with both to vs. mcnabb showdowns (even though they wont be on the field at the same time).
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.