Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

nola is what he is in the big picture sense

but the concerning part is that he came up tiny at the most important time of the year....i mean its not really important cause they were never making the playoffs but he doesnt know that and thus has shtein the bed in "crunch" time

when and if they make the playoffs with this group he cant do this in the post season
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

they have to get at least 1 pitcher who is significantly better than him so that should help him a bit. maybe spencer howard passes him and hes your game 3 starter ala jamie moyer. sounds about right for him.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

They suck at do or die games. 

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Looks like Maddon's out with the Cubs once the seasons over. Can't think of a better Kapler replacement

Rome

Totally agree.  It'll never happen but I totally agree.

MDS

my old newspaper buddy covers the cubs and said joe wants to keep going, so theres that

the other thing is the phillies are very, very much aware how much everyone hates gabe. keeping him around for another year when they dont make the playoffs is a terrible look. so maybe. if joe is out there? how could you not.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Welp... time for a movie.

PhillyPhreak54

Meh. We went to dinner and I'm watching CFB. I saw maybe thirty seconds of the game.

Dipshtein didn't start JT. He's clueless. Yeah Knapp getting ABs when your season hangs by a thread is not ideal.

MDS

is realmuto supposed to start every game? im confused by this. i know everyone hates gabe and its deserved but its to the point where if it rains, its his fault, and if its sunny, farg gabe.

they are basically eliminated what difference does it make. phillies twitter is a terrible place full of dumb people.

PhillyPhreak54

He starts until they're eliminated.

Or at the very least you farging DH him

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 21, 2019, 12:44:22 AM
He starts until they're eliminated.

Or at the very least you farging DH him

they are eliminated

hes played more games than any other catcher by a mile. the season is over. hes getting a day off. they are about to make a huge investment in him. i dont understand why this is a thing other than people despising gabe and looking for literally anything to kill him about, which is fine. do it. just be real this is what it is.

Geowhizzer

Realmuto was dragging the bat the last few games.  I had no problem with him getting the night off.

Rome

They're all dragging.  Having a pitching staff that routinely surrenders leads or gets fire bombed on a nightly basis will do that to a squad.  Again, the hitters haven't produced like they should, but the pitchers have been especially awful.  That's not really on the zesty manager.  It's really on his zesty boss the GM.