igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

Geowhizzer

QB Eagles

So is Ichiro gonna hang em up on Thursday or what?

It's time, and he can't ask for a better opportunity to say goodbye to the fans who care about him, but he's a stubborn old bastich.

PhillyPhreak54

He should. It was cool to see him show off his arm again though.

Other than Vlad...prob the best RF arm I've seen.

Munson

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1108716757789958144

Quote"Ichiro hugged each teammate in turn, he eventually got to Yusei Kikuchi, the 27-year-old Japanese pitcher making his MLB debut this season. Kikuchi, you see, grew up idolizing Ichiro ever since he saw him play in the first NPB game he ever attended, at age 9.

'Since then I've read any book that there is about Mr. Ichiro, read any article about Mr. Ichiro, about his playing style, his work ethic,' Kikuchi said upon his introduction as a Mariner this winter.

'Mr. Ichiro is kind of a person in the sky, a legend. I don't know if he really exists,'

Yes, Yusei Kikuchi, there is an Ichiro."
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

I watched the first five innings last night/this morning.  Man does Ichiro look old.  Very cool sendoff for him.  Kikuchi looks like he'll be a decent pitcher. 

I remember when Ichiro first came to MLB and all the hype.  Rob Dibble was a co-host on Dan Patrick's ESPN radio show.  He wasn't buying it, said he'd have Ichiro's name tattooed on his ass if he won the batting title that year.  He did and I think he batted over .350, unreal.  Dibble came through and did it in Japanese characters. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Ichiro singled to center in his tenth career at-bat, raising his lifetime batting average to .300. It never again fell below that mark.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

MDS

if he had played his entire career in mlb he passes POS pete and we never have to hear that rapists name again
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26437370/jones-fan-ejected-keep-banter-polite

So many lols in this "story."

My favorite is Jones suggesting no one would curse at him in the street.   Yeah, sure they wouldn't.  They wouldn't call you that naughty word either.  They would be so intimidated by you and your status as a pro jock.

My second favorite is his reasoning behind having the guy ejected.  It's ok that he got him tossed because he was using coarse language.  It evidently wasn't coarse enough for fellow fans to complain to an usher or even tell the guy themselves to chill out.

Thin-skinned entitled millennial bitches... god help us all.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Diomedes

I couldn't disagree with you more.  I'm glad Jones had the guy bounced, would like to see it happen more often.  He's damn right the man wouldn't use that language on the street...he might have to be held accountable for it on the street.  He's also damn right that the language is entirely inappropriate for the setting, and warrants expulsion.  Jones is hardly a Hoyda, has been facing this and worse--remember the Boston fans dropping N-bombs on him two years ago??--and I fully support him getting this guy tossed.

Regarding the idea that other fans didn't complain....you gonna risk a fight asking a drunk icehole to stop dropping F bombs when your kid is there?  You gonna out yourself as "a farging Hoyda" by going to an usher?  For a lot of people, the answer is no, you have to just grin and bear it and try to explain to your 5 or 6 year old, etc.  farg that shtein. 

Jones was right.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

If the fan's language was that objectionable, why wasn't he thrown out by management?

Don Ho

Got the Nats/Mets on in the background in my office.  Damn, Rendon is a good baseball player. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.