The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

My kids are black, but they're the only black people I know.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

paco

I have a few black facebook friends, but thats as far as I'm willing to go.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Munson

This exact conversation is going on over at the other CF, just opposite.

I've got tons of white friends!!
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I coulda swore DH said his wife was black. 

She'll always be black in my mind anyway.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

I'm happy to see how nicely this conversation has deteriorated. Might be the proudest of been of you jerkoffs in a while.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

I once jerked off all day and turned my meatcicle black and blue
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

I once frenched a black stripper. She was female too.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phillymic2000

QuoteLike I said, you can't argue facts with liberals, they'll just play the race card

Fact proven with the last posts. Don't confuse sheeple, they do not know how to deal with it.

Munson

Sometimes I wish I were as naive as you two are about racial issues.

Munson

And your arguments on this subject remind me of this...

QuoteYou know how it is.
You're enjoying yourself, kicking back and relaxing at the pub or maybe
at the library; or maybe you're in class or just casually surfing the internet,
indulging in a little conversation. The topic of the conversation is about
a pertinent contemporary issue, probably something to do with a group of
people who fall outside your realm of experience and identity. They're
also probably fairly heavily discriminated against – or so they claim.
The thing is, you're having a good time, sharing your knowledge about these people and their issues. This knowledge is incontrovertible – it's been backed up in media representation, books, research and lots and lots of historical events, also your own unassailable sense of being right.

Yet all of a sudden something happens to put a dampener on your sharing of your enviable intellect and incomparable capacity to fully perceive and understand All Things. It's someone who belongs to the group of people you're discussing and they're Not Very Happy with you. Apparently, they claim, you've got it all wrong and they're offended about that.  They might be a person of colour, or a queer person. Maybe they're a woman, or a person with disability. They could even be a trans person or a sex worker. The point is they're trying to tell you they know better than you about their issues and you know that's just plain wrong. How could you be wrong?

Don't worry though! There IS something you can do to nip this potentially awkward and embarrassing situation in the bud. By simply derailing the conversation, dismissing their opinion as false and ridiculing their experience you can be sure that they continue to be marginalized and unheard and you can continue to look like the expert you know you really are, deep down inside!

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE PRIVILEGE!

Just follow this step-by-step guide to Conversing with Marginalized People™ and in no time at all you will have a fool-proof method of derailing every challenging conversation you may get into, thus reaping the full benefits of every privilege that you have.

PhillyPhreak54

So there was a huge beach party down along the coast here and of course someone starts shooting. A stray catches a guy in the neck and he dies.

The pic of him laying on the beach bleeding out shows up on Twitter. People are around him helping but the balls of someone to go up and snap a pic and tweet it...special place in hell for you, icehole.

Rome

I took a photo of a car that flipped over in an intersection.  Not sure if anyone died.

Mock?

Eagaholic

Sgt PSN

Someone take her ovaries before she breeds again.