The "what the farg is wrong with this world" thread

Started by PhillyGirl, March 07, 2010, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteDelco woman sues: Donald 'groped' her

By WILLIAM BENDER
Philadelphia Daily News

benderw@phillynews.com 215-854-5255

THIS MIGHT sound Goofy, but a Delaware County mother suing Walt Disney Parks and Resorts claims that she suffers from posttraumatic stress disorder and about a dozen other "permanent" maladies because Donald Duck grabbed her breasts two years ago at Epcot Center.

April Magolon, 27, of Upper Darby, states in her lawsuit that a Disney employee dressed in a Donald Duck costume touched one of her breasts and continued to "molest her" when she approached him for an autograph in May 2008, while she held her child.

Beyond the humiliation of being groped by an anthropomorphic duck in a sailor suit, Magolon claims that the incident caused "severe physical injury," a "shock to her entire nervous system," plus "muscle contraction headaches," "acute anxiety" and "nausea, cold sweats, insomnia, nightmares, flashbacks, digestive problems" and other conditions that are "permanent in nature."

The episode also forced her to spend "large sums of money for a ruined vacation" with her children and fiancé, according to the suit, which was first posted online yesterday by The Smoking Gun Web site.

Magolon could not be reached yesterday. Her attorney, Michael Pansini, did not return a voice mail and e-mail seeking comment.

The suit, recently filed in Philadelphia, seeks monetary damages for negligence, infliction of emotional distress and battery. It says that Disney places "corporate profits over public safety" by failing to control its costumed characters.

"We've not seen the plaintiff's complaint and we will respond appropriately in court," said Disney spokesman Bryan Malenius.

Rome would be proud of the awful beginning of this piece.

What a bunch of bullshtein.

ice grillin you

Man who raped girl, 11, and caught by Kensington residents pleads guilty
By MENSAH M. DEAN
Philadelphia Daily News

deanm@phillynews.com 215-854-5949

Jose Carrasquillo, the Kensington man who was beaten by neighbors and arrested after raping an 11-year-old girl in June of last year, pleaded guilty yesterday to a variety of charges in connection with the attack.

Carrasquillo, 27, could be sent to prison for life when sentenced Nov. 15, Common Pleas Judge Ramy Djerassi told him.

Carrasquillo said in a statement to police, read yesterday by Assistant District Attorney Catharine Thurston, that drugs and a hatred of black people fueled his actions in the attack. The night before, he told police, he'd snorted drugs and become upset when a female friend rejected him for a black man.

When police asked Carrasquillo why he had attacked the girl, he said: "It was drugs. My mind was telling me to do it. The rage I had about [the female friend] and the black guy - black people in general.

"I've been locked up and in placement with black people my whole life. They treated me bad and they think they are the supreme race. I went berserk."

His victim, who was a fifth-grader at Russell H. Conwell Middle School, "happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time," prosecutor Thurston said.

Carrasquillo spotted her at 8:20 a.m. as she walked her younger sister to a Kensington day-care center.

After dropping her sister off and heading for school, the girl was followed by Carrasquillo, who eventually approached and made small talk before pulling her into an alley on Westmoreland Street near Emerald.

"He sexually assaulted her in every way imaginable," Thurston said.

After the girl began to bleed heavily, Carrasquillo said he told her: "That's what happens. It's OK."

The girl's injuries required surgery and a three-day hospital stay.

The next day, after police labeled Carrasquillo a person of interest in the attack, he was beaten and held for police by citizens who spotted him at Front and Clearfield streets.

His DNA matched DNA collected from the victim's underwear, Thurston said.

Carrasquillo, with short-cropped hair and long chin whiskers, remained handcuffed in court. When the judge asked how he was feeling, he replied that he felt nervous.

After affirming his decision to forgo a trial, he pleaded guilty to a battery of charges including aggravated assault, ethnic intimidation and rape of a child with serious bodily injury, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison.

Carrasquillo also pleaded guilty to indecent assault and unlawful contact with a minor, for grabbing a 16-year-old girl's breast and following her to school an hour before he committed the rape.

Djerassi said that he would be "vigilant" about keeping Carrasquillo safe in jail, although he did not elaborate.

In April, after Carrasquillo reportedly attacked guards at Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility, he was beaten by them and taken to the hospital in critical condition.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 11, 2010, 11:53:24 PM

Rome would be proud of the awful beginning of this piece.

What a bunch of bullshtein.

People quack me up

Butchers Bill

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Butchers Bill

Nothing.

Good try at stirring the pot though.   :yay

paco

So what?  Men get charged for that all the time.  Its called date rape.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Diomedes

Quote from: Butchers Bill on August 12, 2010, 01:01:32 PM
Nothing.

Good try at stirring the pot though.   :yay

You're the one holding the Race Ladle, douchebag.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Diomedes on August 12, 2010, 02:42:12 PM
You're the one holding the Race Ladle, douchebag.

Really?  A pretty benign comment and you resort to being derisive?

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

LBIggle

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 14, 2010, 10:32:11 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-man-life-sentence-ninth-dwi/story?id=11395058&page=1

Thoughts on this?

see ya.  9 dui's plus his other convictions.. he's obviously a waste of space. he already injured someone and will probably kill someone else at some point.  that's gotta be something like the 3 strike rule.. even though i know their not felonies.  nine?  plus other shtein? get the hell out of here.  they could give him the needle and save a buck and i wouldn't care much.

hbionic

I just think it's funny he's being defended by Lawrence Taylor.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05