WIP online

Started by BigEd76, June 20, 2005, 03:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Yeah, then she did a  ::) and somehow the radio picked that up too...

Actually it was continuous, loud and spiteful....the kind of arguing that you don't want any part of.  Rhea cowered in fear...  :poison  :yay

QB Eagles

I've never heard PG on the radio, but what you describe sounds like how I imagined it.

WEST is GOD

now that it's on the internet you can record it
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

General_Failure

There you go, PG. Call up WIP, bitch at them, record it, then throw it up here for all the world to ... uh, hear. We'll make bajillions.

The man. The myth. The legend.

WEST is GOD

In the meantime, we can all sit back, relax and enjoy the sweet sounds of Reuben's WIP jingle.

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/LJT10511/reubens+theme.wav
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyPhreak54

I like the part in there about not bashing Iverson or McNabb.

Like everything else on that station, the morning shows is the worst jingle.

Don Ho

Finally!  There goes the neighborhood.

Help me out here - why does WIP do the Phillies Friday night games?  Are they a sister station to WPHT?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Nah, they just bidded on the Phils. The Phils threw 'em a bone and let them have Friday games.

I'm glad 1210 has them back though. 950 was BRUTAL.

Don Ho

One more cry for help out here in the Pacific - I guess I'll be missing the morning crew 11:30 PM - 4:00 AM Hawaii time.  Are they any good?  I will be able to catch Eskin.  I've heard all about him.  What about Gargano?  How is Gary Cobb?  Sorry for all the questions.  I am so psyched to finally listen to WIP.  Listening right now - yes, that's how I am spending my Friday night.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Yup, well, just called in for the first time since its gone online.

Anyone hear? I was suprisingly nice.  O:)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 05, 2005, 04:40:03 PM

Anyone hear? I was suprisingly nice.  O:)

Was Macnow the host? I was listening about an hour ago. I actually just emailed him regarding his top 150 guys movies list asking why Star Wars didn't make it.  :P

PhillyGirl

Yeah, Macnow was the host.

I can't bring myself to listen to this station now with Cataldi in the morning, followed by Missanelli, followed (normally) by Eskin. But when I got in the car and heard Macnow, I listened.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Mad-Lad

I'll probably start listening once it gets a bit closer to football season.   It's all Phillies talk right now, which doesn't particularly interest me.

PhillyGirl

I was arguing about this exact topic:

http://www.concretefield.com/forum/index.php?topic=15155.msg273357;topicseen#msg273357

Macnow thinks they should change the logo, mascot, etc.. to change the city's attitude towards the team, and the team's attitude in general...and I said, "You know what? Put a winning team on the field and those shirts will be selling like hotcakes. Put a winning team on the field and the city will fall in love with them all over again. Put a winning team on the field who has the "MUST WIN" attitude and the fans will go to the games, care about the team and pull for them....but no one gives a rat's behind what the logo looks like."

Wingspan

macnow's just being realisting knowing that none of those things will ever happen the philths...so might as well change the uni's! :D

just a bunch of drunk santa tossers anyway, we'll all think it's a new team!
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.