Keeper League 13 - Sassy Rules

Started by Sgt PSN, July 18, 2013, 03:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

It's about time for a new thread.  Russell yelled at me for starting one last year, but I won the chip so farg you.  I do what I want.  And maybe we should like, I dunno, try setting a draft date.

I know last season we talked about making some changes and possibly opening up 2 more spots.  Dio is out because it's too hard to work the waiver wire from the bottom of a ditch so we need at least 1 person to take his team. 

I also don't remember if I brought it up last year or not (and I'm too lazy to look) but I think we should reduce the number of keepers we can take from one year to the next.  I'm thinking something like 1 QB, 3 RB/WR (any combination), 1 TE/K/Def (choice of 1), 1 rook.  Basically just eliminating 1 keeper.

Is everyone else IN or OUT?
Who wants Dio's terrible roster? 
Do we want to add 2 more teams? 
Do we want to change keeper rules?   

hbionic

I'm going to start a different thread exclusively to tell you to shut the farg up about your retarded ideas.

1. Dio's not out. He's just whiny right now because he's going through his menstrual cycle.

2. You're stupid

3. Instead of opening this up to two more rosters and having even less interest, let's up the ante by a few bucks, literally, make it $28.

4. Rules are fine as far as I'm concerned. There weren't really any complaints from last season.

5. I think the keeper number is fine, I don't think it needs a complete overhaul, but the 3RB/WR might be the best idea you've had in a long time including things not involving fantasy football.

6. You're going to die of lung cancer.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

So are you IN or OUT?  And I'm talking about the Keeper League, not the closet you spooge chewing rectum ranger. 

hbionic

I'm in.

And I've been out a long time ago. 

Eat me.

Diomedes

Oh Christ, Chuggie won me over.  [So did my other friend.]  I feel so loved and wanted.   I'll stay if you'll have me.  But farg, this league needs some changes, and no matter what, I'm not paying half the attention to this shtein that I once did.

I say reduce the number of keepers to 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR/TE, and 1 Rookie.  No TE/D/K keeper.  The problem with the way we've been running it is that you can essentially keep your entire starting line up.  That makes for a pretty static league and discourages trades and waiver wire activity.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on July 18, 2013, 05:18:26 PM
I say reduce the number of keepers to 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR/TE, and 1 Rookie.  No TE/D/K keeper. 

I don't know if anyone would go for that drastic of a change.  Maybe something like 1 QB, 3 RB/WR/TE (any combo up to 3), 1 Rook/K/Def?  That would reduce our keepers from 7 to 5 and might open up the trade market a bit.  I dunno....I'm just spitballing.  I agree that trades are far, few and in between and reducing the # of keepers would/should encourage more trade activity during the season. 

Also, welcome back.  I almost hope you win this year so I can mail that terrible sun catcher back to you. 

Diomedes

I think the special slot for the rookie is the best thing going in our Keeper scheme, so I'd retain that.  But we're keeping far too many other players, so any reduction is an improvement.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

Agreed.

Keep the rookie,

Maybe we say scrap the QB?

3 of any combo RB/WR

1 TE/D/K

Keeping things fresh yo!

Diomedes

Tomahawk

Who the farg is the commish of this shteinhole league? Rusty?

I'd rather keep the same amount of keepers as we have because of the blockbuster trade I made a year or two ago. I've always thought of this as more of a dynasty league than just a keeper league. But whatever, I'll play no matter what unless we don't up the ante to exactly $28...then I'll Dio out of this bitch.

Zanshin

With the first selection of the 2014 Keeper League draft, Tomahawk selects...Marty Booker.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, it's still Rusty.  I went to our league page and there was an option to send the commish a reminder.  So I did.  I suggest you all do the same.  If that doesn't work, we'll bombard him on FB. 

Tomahawk

I'm not facebook friends with any of you dingleberries.

Sgt PSN