Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteStrengths
Foles has a strong arm that gets him through various other hitches in his game. There are times when Foles throws the deep, cross-field out-route off his back foot -- while facing pressure -- accurately and with ease. Though he is not the most athletic quarterback, he avoids pressure in the pocket and has a good sense of how and when to extend a play to his advantage. As a deep passer he has strength but can struggle with accuracy at times. His accuracy is evident in his short-to-intermediate throws, where he can put it right on a receiver or give him the proper lead. He would be more valuable in a West Coast scheme that would allow him to make quick decisions and not be forced to unleash deep throws on a consistent basis. He is an excellent game manager, moving the ball in bunches up the field. He is extremely poised in the pocket and rarely lets a heavy pass rush rattle his throws.
Weaknesses
Foles' mobility has been his Achilles' heel and likely will be exposed even more at the next level. He is solely a pocket passer and hardly ever moves the chains with his feet. He has the ability to extend plays, but he is not going to outrun any defenders at the next level. His mechanics can slide when he improvises, although his actual passes rarely are affected. He struggles with his accuracy on deep balls. His release time is sufficient but not fast by any means. His judgment with the ball has been questioned, as he can be slow to throw and often chooses to scramble in unappealing scenarios.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Drunkmasterflex

Not a huge fan of this pick but Andy seems to know what he is doing with QBs.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

terrible pick and it has nothing to do with the guy....i have no idea how he will turn out...its the position...they could have went in so many other directions that would have helped the team in the short term

i will give andy credit in one sense...he doesnt let the possibility of his job being in danger affect his picks...either that or he isnt going anywhere until he wants to go and he knows this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 27, 2012, 10:39:34 PM
Not a huge fan of this pick but Andy seems to know what he is doing with QBs.

The great thing is nobody else seems to know what to do with his QBs, making those inevitable 2nd round picks just a little higher.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

McShay said that he rated number one in TD and comp % of the top 7 QBs when they were under pressure

Sgt PSN

I'm with Havas.....I don't hate the player, I'm just not sure why they went QB when there are other needs to be addressed.  Unless they think this is going to be "the guy" in 2 years when Ron Mexico is gone, then I'm just not sure why they used a 3rd rounder on future trade bait.   

Rome

I absolutely love this pick mostly because I knew it would drive a certain someone to the precipice of suicide.

Diomedes

I love this pick.  Big doofy backup.  This will be fun to watch.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

Watched the QB camp piece with Gruden last week. When I saw him get up and do that stupid ass dance, I leaned over and told a co-worker, "Andy Reid just fell in love with this cat."

Ugh. Negrodamus up in this bitch...
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Feva on April 27, 2012, 10:48:34 PM
Watched the QB camp piece with Gruden last week. When I saw him get up and do that stupid ass dance, I leaned over and told a co-worker, "Andy Reid just fell in love with this cat."

Ugh. Negrodamus up in this bitch...

lol

glad I missed that

Diomedes

I can't bring myself to watch Gruden.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger