Michael Bennett, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, March 07, 2018, 02:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

You made a comment about Trump loving Eagles fans.  I'm pretty convinced that means most of them at this point.  In fact this message board is one of the few places that liberals rules the roost.  Certainly the official board is brimming with racist Neanderthals.

MDS

if this moves costs them a super bowl (it wont) and eliminates all the MAGAers from the fan base i will do it 100 times over
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 07, 2018, 04:30:10 PM
Quote from: Eagaholic on March 07, 2018, 03:07:18 PM
I wouldn't have been surprised to see Eagles go DE in the draft, I like that this frees them up for another position.

not that they draft for need anyway but it dopesnt free them up...he will be 33 before next season ends....hes basically this years chris long...this doesnt affect the future at all

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 07, 2018, 03:06:28 PM
Eagles becoming the all-activist team.

he has a book coming out next week called 'things that make white people uncomfortable'

his should perfectly troll the trumpers in the fan base
so you think they may still go defensive end in the first round?

Sgt PSN

A casual acquaintance pointed out to me on FB that he is a huge pos because he abandoned a puppy in a kennel when he moved from Tampa to Seattle and then avoided calls from the kennel.  I didn't know this. Or maybe I did read about it and just forgot.

Regardless, I think this ranks pretty farging low on the list of things that I give a shtein about. He didn't want the dog anymore and left it in a kennel and then avoided paying the bill. Not like he left it chained to a tree in his backyard and left. The pup was fine, it was left with a competent dog care facility and now has a home. So he's basically a zesty customer. Oh noes!

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on March 07, 2018, 06:15:13 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 07, 2018, 04:30:10 PM
Quote from: Eagaholic on March 07, 2018, 03:07:18 PM
I wouldn't have been surprised to see Eagles go DE in the draft, I like that this frees them up for another position.

not that they draft for need anyway but it dopesnt free them up...he will be 33 before next season ends....hes basically this years chris long...this doesnt affect the future at all

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 07, 2018, 03:06:28 PM
Eagles becoming the all-activist team.

he has a book coming out next week called 'things that make white people uncomfortable'

his should perfectly troll the trumpers in the fan base
so you think they may still go defensive end in the first round?

if thats the best player on the board absolutely...howie learned under banner and banners #1 philosophy was/is you cant win with out strong lines...so all things close to equal i think DL/OL will always get a slight bump but at the end of the day other than QB i think they will always take the BPA under howie/douglas
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 07, 2018, 06:27:42 PM
A casual acquaintance pointed out to me on FB that he is a huge pos because he abandoned a puppy in a kennel when he moved from Tampa to Seattle and then avoided calls from the kennel.  I didn't know this. Or maybe I did read about it and just forgot.

This is literally the worst thing an Eagle has ever done to a dog.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Mike Bennett
Damon Moore
Mike Vick

In that order

Rome

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/971475920870694912 19

QuoteEagles traded a 7 and Matt Tobin to Seattle for a 5. Seattle than traded a 7 and Michael Bennett for a 5 and Marcus Johnson.

The Eagles basically traded Matt Tobin and Marcus Johnson for Michael Bennett

What's more, the Seahawks are on the hook for 5M of Bennett's salary cap for this year.

Reddit poster breaks down how this trade for Bennett relates to the Vinny Curry situation and the cap

QuoteReports were that they would ultimately just release him. From what I could gather from over the cap, Michael Bennet will carry a $1.65M base salary, and a $4m roster bonus. It is likely that we, not Seattle, are responsible for the roster bonus, giving us a $5.65M hit for this upcoming season on Bennet.

Curry has a cap hit this season of $11M. However, we don't save all of that if we cut/trade him. If the cut/trade is pre-June 1, we only save $5M, which doesn't fully cover Bennet. So cutting Curry prior to June 1 and getting Bennet costs us more money. Not a good deal on its own.

But as a post June 1 cut, we save $9M (same with a post June 1 trade).

Bottom line, expect Curry to remain on the roster now, unless we get an amazing deal, and then be designated as a post June-1 cut (EDIT: To be clear, they can cut him today and designate him as a post June 1 cut. They can do this with a max of 2 players). By effectively swapping Curry for Bennet, we'd be saving $3.35M for this season.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

5.65 is the number now...however i would expect them to roll his roster bonus into a signing bonus which would save them an extra 2 million this year

also the homer jimmy kempski thing is so stupid...the tobin trade happened last year its done

the eagles traded marcus johnson and approximately 75-100 spots in the draft (from the 5th round to the 7th) for one year of 32/33 year old michael bennent who was going to be released if he couldnt be traded...

im not saying they paid a lot
they didnt
as they shouldnt have for a player in bennents position

but kempski thinks he so cute lol'ing all over twitter by including the tobin deal...ftr i have an unhealthy hatred of kempski and i dont even know why i follow him....but still hes a pos

ice grillin you

this is beautiful coming from one of the biggest attention whores in the history of sports

QB Eagles

Mitch is confused by the deal, but I'm confused by Mitch's spelling, capitalization, spacing, punctuation, and #2017 hashtag.

phattymatty

not liking bennett because he left a dog at a shelter is 100% that person's way of trying to hide their racism.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phattymatty on March 08, 2018, 11:57:10 AM
not liking bennett because he left a dog at a shelter is 100% that person's way of trying to hide their racism.

Not so much racist, but completely oblivious to her own white priviledge....as are most white people.