2010 Playoff thread

Started by SD, January 05, 2011, 03:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/05/pierre-thomas-is-headed-to-injured-reserve/

QuotePierre Thomas is headed to injured reserve
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 5, 2011, 3:37 PM EST

Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory are out.  DeShawn Wynn and Joique Bell are in.

Suddenly, the No. 5 Saints don't look as quite as big a threat to make a repeat trip to the Super Bowl.

One day after Chris Ivory was surprisingly lost for the season, the Saints placed Thomas on injured reserve.  The team's best running back also sat out in Week 17.  Coach Sean Payton said Thomas suffered a setback in practice last week.

We've been toying with the idea of picking the Saints to make it back to the Super Bowl.  They've turned the ball over too much, but their defense is a lot better than people think.   This news makes it harder.

It's going to be a lot harder for the New Orleans offense to stay balanced with Reggie Bush and Julius Jones carrying the load.  Wynn and Bell were added to the roster in the last two days, but figure to be reserves.

Tomahawk

What the farg is he talking about? Since when have the Saints been balanced?

While this certainly isn't good news for them, I don't think it really changes their gameplan much

Tomahawk

PoopyfaceMcGee

I found that last bit mildly amusing, even if it would be a little tricky for the Eagles and Packers to meet up in the NFC Championship game.  Anything that pokes fun at Andy Reid being fat is a win.

SD

Bored so I'll post this:

Yahoo ranks and breaksdown the QBs in the playoffs

Their order:
Brady
Roethlisberger
Manning
Brees
Vick
Ryan
Rodgers
Cutler
Flacco
Cassel
Sanchez
Whitehurst

BigEd76

Sgt PSN

I think the spread on this game was 10 and Seattle might not even be able to cover that by the end of the 1st quarter. 

lurking wierdo

At least you're laying it out there Sarge. Not like Igy, "Eagles don't stand a chance unless they score more points than the Packers". He's a douche.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 08, 2011, 04:47:03 PM
I think the spread on this game was 10 and Seattle might not even be able to cover that by the end of the 1st quarter. 

Oops.  Seattle up 24-20 at the half.  NO is not anywhere close to what they were last year. 

mussa

Seattle fans and that stadium, wow! Gotta hand it to them at this point.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Eagles_Legendz

Saints D is garbage so far and Hasselbeck is having the game of his life.  Not complaining though.  If Sea and the Eagles win, I like the 4 remaining teams being Atl, Chi, Phi, and Sea.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 08, 2011, 06:27:45 PM
Saints D is garbage so far and Hassleback is having the game of his life.  Not complaining though.  If Sea and the Eagles win, I like the 4 remaining teams being Atl, Chi, Phi, and Sea.

If NO wins, I don't mind either. What can Vick and Jackson do to a defense getting embarrassed by Matt Hasselbeck and Mike Williams?

Eagles_Legendz

Agreed but transitive property doesnt always work.   Knocking NO out today is fine with me.

Sgt PSN

Imagine this hypothetical......

IF Seattle wins this week and next week, they would go into the NFCCG with a .500 record.  Which means, that if they lose that game, the NFC Runner Up finishes the year 1 game under .500, or if they win, the NFC is represented in the SB by a team that is just 1 game over .500. 

General_Failure

Looks like Seattle is really pulling away, but I'm not counting the Saints out just yet.

The man. The myth. The legend.