Sunday Start Times

Started by 4and26, January 18, 2006, 08:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4and26

Are due to the time zones or because that they way TV wanted it?
Denver 3pm EST
Seattle 6:30pm EST
???

rjs246

Championship games are always like that.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

last games are normal times were eagles/rams and steelers/pats (1230 and 415)

now they are locked in (afc and nfc rotate 300 and 630 slots every year) to increase ratings.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Susquehanna Birder

It helps that two of the four teams (and both games) are in rather westerly locations.

MDS

Kinda. Last year it was the same times and they were in philly and pissburgh.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

bobbyinlondon

The NFL changed the times of the Saturday WC and divisional round games in 2001--remember the Eagles playing TB at 4.30 and at Chicago at 4.30 in 2001? Then in 2002, they changed the times of the championship games in an effort to get one of them into primetime. The Eagles played TB and Atlanta at 3pm, while they played Carolina at 6.30.

MDS

yup, the last few years they have gone later with start times except for sunday during the first two rounds.