Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Smyly is pitching today.

So o/u 5 ER for the new fella?

Moron fit right in last night. Welcome to the Phils BP! Where shutdown innings are rare.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 21, 2019, 11:00:40 AM
Moron fit right in last night. Welcome to the Phils BP! Where shutdown innings are rare.

what if i told you the phillies were league average in the most important bullpen statistic -- holding leads

they are bottom third in ERA, likely inflated by all the blowouts, but where it counts they have a better save % than LA, atl, tampa, wash, boston.

im not caling this bullpen good. they aint. but some context.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Whatever you say, Baseball Trumper. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 21, 2019, 10:25:35 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 20, 2019, 10:55:18 PMso terrible they are getting 2/3 from your favorite sports team ever

you cant sixers your way to the phillies on me, jrue the djama

lol

I wasn't wrong tho
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I think we have a Vuke's wife replacement in the clubhouse.

Geowhizzer

Nice job by the Phils' pitchers today.  Yeah, it's the Pirates...

MDS

1. a grand total of 9 runs in 3 games against a second division team. but the pitching.
2. ranger suarez? ranger suarez.
3. klentek jacked off to drew smyly junk balling 6 innings. nothing gets a nerd ivy league baseball dork harder than finding something on the side of the road and getting production out of it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The Phillies are a second division team too. 

Oh and they won yesterday BECAUSE of the pitching. See, that's how it works.  If you get good pitching, you win a lot more games than you lose.  Silly, I know.   

MDS

Quote from: Rome on July 22, 2019, 09:36:51 AM
If you get good pitching, you win a lot more games than you lose.

unbelievable

MDS

can someone throw this franchise into a volcano

Geowhizzer

Meanwhile KC is about to choke a 5-3 lead in the 9th.

Winners win... and the Phils generally don't.

Munson

A good showing from future Phillies Matt Boyd and Shane Greene tho amirite
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

instead of trading for pitching they should trade for a new catcher and a new hitting coach

Don Ho

I was trying to feel good about this game then TMac just said the Tigers are 30-65.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.