Re-sizing an avatar

Started by Butchers Bill, August 11, 2004, 08:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Bill

How do I do it to make it 75x75?
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

PhillyGirl

I usually have Mad-Lad do it for me. Try IMing him on the board.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

You guys have to stop doing that. Poor Lad, one day he's going to hang himself from all the avatar requests. :-[

You can do it in paint if you have to, but it's a pain. If you can get a copy of Photoshop or Pain Shop Pro it's much easier.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: General_Failure on August 11, 2004, 08:17:30 PM
You can do it in paint if you have to, but it's a pain. If you can get a copy of Photoshop or Pain Shop Pro it's much easier.

Once I re-size in paint how do I upload?  I thought I had to link to a website?   :-\
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

General_Failure

Yeah, you have to have some server space somwhere. A lot of ISPs will give you some space to set up your own website, and there's a few picture hosting places out there.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Susquehanna Birder

One that is currently in vogue is photobucket.com. It's free, but you have to register to set up an account. And being that it's free, you'll never know when it'll dry up and blow away.

Zanshin

If you're only going to use it here, I can host it for you if you want.

BrianWestbrook36

photobucket is great, I been using it for some time and recently they just redid their site, it looks real nice. The only problem with them is they have a bandwith limit per month and if you exceed it you get your account suspended for a month and you don't get any warnings on how close you are to exceeding it, so just be sure not to upload a bunch of large files.

I just use photoshop to resize.

Even Steven Eagles in 04.

BigEd76

If you're using the same software as PhilliesPhans.com in the upcoming upgrade, they have an option to upload avs....

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 15, 2004, 07:45:34 PM
If you're using the same software as PhilliesPhans.com in the upcoming upgrade, they have an option to upload avs....

Its similar to it, but not the same.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hunt

you can use imageshack too...it's similar to photobucket but you don't need to register or anything.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Zanshin

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 15, 2004, 07:45:34 PM

That's a big assumption that they want to take up bandwidth with uploaded avatars.

BigEd76

Could just limit it to 5K or lower....