Darth and Woodchoppa speak

Started by PhillyGirl, August 02, 2005, 09:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

QuoteTrotter: T.O.'s a 'Difference Maker'
by Tom Cialino
ComcastSportsNet.com

BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Jeremiah Trotter empathizes with Terrell Owens.

Trotter knows what it's like to be involved in a heated contract dispute with the Eagles and has lived to see the other side of it.

So when they spoke on Sunday night, Trotter identified with Owens and discussed the nature of business in the NFL.

"I mean, me and T.O. are pretty close," Trotter said. "I talk to T.O. all the time, and having gone through similar situations – especially the way things unfolded with myself the first time I left – I've been there. So I can kind of relate to what he's going through right now. Hopefully, I can just kind of talk to him and let him know, 'Listen, this is a tough business and this is kind of the way it goes.' "

While he is aware of T.O's demands for a new deal, Trotter also feels that the story that has dominated Philadelphia's sports scene for nearly four months has taken on a life of its own.

"Now, we're in Philly," Trotter joked. "So everything is going to kind of get blown out of proportion here with you guys – paparazzi. You go through this every year. It's expected. Hopefully you get everything ironed out by camp time."

Free safety and fellow defensive leader Brian Dawkins says the distractions will be an afterthought when the regular season begins Sept. 12.

"These flutes are playing and the drums are on tune," Dawkins said. "When this thing kicks off and we play Atlanta, all this stuff here will be ironed out. However way it gets ironed out, it will get ironed out, and we're going to be rolling."

As for the array of jabs that T.O. has taken at quarterback Donovan McNabb for "getting tired in the Super Bowl" and being a "company man," Trotter downplayed any potential rift between the two.

"I haven't really been keeping up," Trotter said. "But, you know, T.O. is a guy who speaks his mind, and everybody takes shots here and there. You've just got to be a man. If somebody takes a shot, take it like a man and keep moving. I've been taking shots my whole career. You know, you take a licking and keep on ticking."

Dawkins feels that Donovan and T.O. will be able to come to a resolution and regain the form that saw them connect for 14 touchdowns last season.

"When you have two quality guys, and people may not look at T.O. as a quality guy, but I do, they usually can work things out," Dawkins said.

"Any and everything that needs to be taken care of will be taken care of for us to get where we need to be at the end of the season."

Dawkins grew very close to T.O. during their first year together, and when the outspoken receiver made his much-anticipated arrival Monday evening, the two shared a warm embrace.

While he did not speak with Owens prior to training camp, Dawkins would entertain the possibility of having a sit-down conversation with him.

"What you do as a player is, you talk to the person," Dawkins said. "I've gotten to know T.O. as a person and understand who he is. The conversation we have will be between me and him, if we even have a conversation.

"When you care about someone, when you trust someone – and I do care about and trust him – I don't see any problem if I want to talk to him. It won't be just about his off-season and what he said. It's not all about negative things all the time."

Trotter and Dawkins represent the heart of the Eagles' defense. They keyed the revitalization of a unit that was gashed for 252 yards rushing in a 27-3 embarrassment to cross-state rival Pittsburgh. They also know how much T.O. means to a team hoping to return to the stage they left at the end of last season.

"A lot, man, a lot," Trotter said. "Just the attitude that he brings to the game. The way he plays on the field, the way defensive coordinators and other teams respect him. He changes the game. He's a difference maker. And, as much of a difference I made last year when I was enrolled into the starting position, T.O., he does the same thing for the offense."

"What we want to get to is a Super Bowl," Dawkins said. "Everything needs to be taken care of, and it will be for us to get to that point. That's what we're all playing this game for. We want to win a Super Bowl. That's what we're trying to get back to."
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Purple_Hayz

That article is wrong.  Dawkins is the heart of the defense and Trotter is the liver.  Just ask the sheep farger Tomahawk! :P

I don't want anybody else
When I think about you I cut myself

Tomahawk

Quote from: Purple_Hayz on August 02, 2005, 10:05:26 AM
That article is wrong.  Dawkins is the heart of the defense and Trotter is the liver.  Just ask the sheep farger Tomahawk! :P

Dawkins is indeed the heart, but Trotter is the bowels.

Mad-Lad

Trotter's the "Skin"

rjs246

Trotter is a blockage in the colon. Stopping everything up but making us uncomfortable with his movement.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

T_Section224

odd, that was a pretty good analogy rjs.
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

Rome

Leave it to rjs to dispense the profound poop analogies...

:-D

rjs246

Quote from: jerome99RIP on August 02, 2005, 10:35:50 AM

I'm pretty useful to keep around.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Tomahawk

Quote from: rjs246 on August 02, 2005, 10:42:17 AM

That's going a little overboard.

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on August 02, 2005, 10:42:17 AM

Kinda like Immodium, you are...

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

JTrotter Fan

Team G Lew would like everyone to know that if Dawk is the heart and Trot is the liver, then G Lew is the Carotid Artery!
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Team Patterson would like to interject that Mike plays much like a clogged esophogeal flap.

mikey418

Team Rayburn would like to inform you all that he is the small intestine cuz he breaks down and pushes by offensive linemen (aka shaz).
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett