Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henchmanUK

???

Team America: World Police isn't coming out here until the middle of Jan!  :boom
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

mussa

I saw spiderman 2 last night, wow very cheesy, and bad acting.  I think x-men has been the best comic book movie so far.  i didn't expect much but it was pretty cheesy at times.  special effects and action i liked very much though. 

As far as the next spiderman...i was shocked to see at the end of the 2nd that the next movie villian looks like to be the son of the green goblin.  thats pretty lame if u ask me.  i was hoping for venom in the next spiderman.  :boo
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

General_Failure

Venom would be a little tough to do with current cgi. I think it would be fine, but most people would complain. I didn't think the Hulk looked bad.

The man. The myth. The legend.

mussa

All I have to say is look at Gollum on LOTR.  They did an amazing job with him.  I think "they" could pull off venom. 
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

General_Failure

Gollum was half and half. Venom would be a little tougher, since he's pretty much a liquid. Liquids still come out plastic looking.

fansince61

Check out "National Treasure"....dont believe the reviews ;)

mussa

What do u mean half and half?  Venom is black so i think it would be easier to make him fit into the environments.  What about the abyss?  remember that?  that was awhile ago and they did a great job of making that look real, like water, just add black and u have Venom.

no but i understand what ur saying, its not gonna be an easy process.  id rather see them do him when they are ready.  but in the meantime, u think they could of made a better henchmen for the next one. 

General_Failure

Gollum was half cgi and half human actor with makeup. They did a good job with it because it wasn't completely cgi, specifically the face. Yoda was a good full cgi character, but I can't imagine the money they spent to get him looking perfect.

Clear liquid seems to be believable enough, but anything with color still comes out looking like plastic.

mussa

True. True.  I still want to see Venom.  It also sucks that it will be a PG rating.  Venom needs to be rated R, for blood.

General_Failure

Maybe Venom will get his own movie where he has nothing to do with Spiderman.

mussa

Seabiscuit36

The Punisher was a great Comic book movie...Awsome soundtrack too
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

The Terminal --was an alright rent, tom hanks is a great actor.  its a feel good movie.  so watch it with a woman, otherwise question ur sexuality.

MURP

Maria Full of Grace.... foreign film about a 17 year old columbian girl who becomes a "mule" (someone who traffics coke by swallowing it and flying to another country) to make money.