Some Personal Bad News

Started by Zanshin, February 18, 2007, 03:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I can't even comprehend how devastating something like that would be.

Zanshin

Thanks for the thoughts.  It'll be okay.  Like most things, it's amazing what you can adjust to when you have no other choice.

Quote from: FFatPatt on February 18, 2007, 07:24:04 PM
I can't even comprehend how devastating something like that would be.

Honestly, it feels really quite odd.  Mostly a strange, numb feeling.  I mostly check on the wife and walk around sort of looking for a purpose.  My son came back from his grandparent's tonight and started asking me  about the new baby.  Trying to explain all of this to a three-year-old probably sucks most of all.

BigEd76

hbionic

Sorry to hear the news man, my thoughts and prayers with you and your family.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phillymic2000

PhillyPhreak54

Extremely sorry to hear about that, Z.  :(

Diomedes

The thing about a thread like this is, you have to check in and show how caring you are.  Which is all a bunch of bullshtein.  I'm sorry your hopes were dashed and all, but the whole thing makes me sick.  People who would otherwise be snide jerks turn into sappy Hoydas.  farg you all.

I'm reminded of the threads about Herb, who was a nice guy and all, but for farg sake I am still sick of his long, public, drawn out "heroic" battle with cancer.

Life farging sucks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Do everyone a favor and keep your cynicism to yourself, Dio.

Diomedes

Soon as you keep your slavish allegience to Hallmark nation to yourself, I'll consider it.  Until then, Florida boy, you can eat shtein and die.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

Nobody has to feel obligated to say a peep.  Sort of doesn't matter how anyone feels about it, really, one way or another.  I started the thread so I don't get questions asking me about it down the line...and I don't feel like sending a bunch of PMs.  I'm not an especially social, touchy-feeley guy, so I'm just trying to rip off the bandaid.

That said: Dio, that's cool that you feel that way...but I'd rather this not turn into one of those threads that goes in some other direction.  I just want to get the word out and have it fade away.

Diomedes

BlueHeart

So sorry to hear about this, Zan.  :(
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

PhillyGirl

Zan...I am so sorry for your family's loss. Not that I need to tell you this but you have one amazing little boy over there and I know in that sense, you and your other half know how blessed you are.  :(
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen