Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

I thought he did a good job as the Kingpin, even if the rest of the movie sucked. Gandolfini's just too small for that part.

The man. The myth. The legend.

mussa

Gandolfini first came to mind, then so did the guy in daredevil, but hes black. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

Mad-Lad

After reading about how a Spiderman movie featuring venom would be hard to pull off without looking cheesy, I automatically thought of the Fantastic Four. 

The Thing looks cheesy as all hell.

MURP

venom might look cheesy, but nothing could look cheesier than the Green Goblin who looks like a retarded power ranger.

General_Failure

What do you expect from the guy that brough the world the Power Rangers

The man. The myth. The legend.

NGM

Quote from: General_Failure on December 09, 2004, 07:49:06 PM
As I understand it Venom is an alien parasite that lives inside Peter Parker. He gives Spiderman incredible strength, but makes him a bit nutty. This is when Spiderman wore a black suit, the suit was actually Venom. Spiderman finally decides to rid himself of Venom, but Venom's only vulnerable to sound. Somebody else can explain this a lot better than I can, I'm sure.

Nah man.  Venom is the name Eddie Brock gives himself after he takes the "alein symbiote"(which takes him over) after Spidy got rid of it because it was making him crazy and violent too.  They would have to have Spidy find it first use it then get rid of it.  Then have Eddie Brock find it and get hooked. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MURP on December 11, 2004, 03:31:38 PM
venom might look cheesy, but nothing could look cheesier than the Green Goblin who looks like a retarded power ranger.

lol  :-D

henchmanUK

Saw Napoleon Dynamite at the weekend. Hucking filarious :yay
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

cj2112

While I normally don't like crap (teen comedies) like this, I thought "Saved!" was hilarious. 

Wingspan

i strongly urge everyone to avoid seeing Eternal Sunshin of the Pointless Movie.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Zanshin

Saw Mystic River the other day.  It was pretty good.  Wanted to see it because I'd read the book awhile ago.  Like most things, I think it worked better as a book.

MURP

Quote from: Wingspan on December 13, 2004, 03:31:18 PM
i strongly urge everyone to avoid seeing Eternal Sunshin of the Pointless Movie.

i thought it was a good flick. 

mussa

Quote from: Zanshin on December 13, 2004, 03:32:10 PM
Saw Mystic River the other day.  It was pretty good.  Wanted to see it because I'd read the book awhile ago.  Like most things, I think it worked better as a book.

I thought it was a great movie, great acting. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyGirl

LOVED Eternal Sunshine :yay

Also saw Hero the other day....AWESOME flick.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen