Your Ultimate Eagles Team?

Started by Zanshin, February 22, 2018, 02:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

terry bradshaw was validly horrible
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

On the other hand, they'd probably do well with modern sports medicine, performance enhancing drugs, and lack of astroturf. The receivers would certainly benefit from the rule changes.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on February 23, 2018, 01:30:23 PM
terry bradshaw was validly horrible

According to Pro Football Reference, the other QB in NFL history with the most similar career performance was Donovan McNabb.

MDS

does that include their alcoholism
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Rome

Jim Brown would totally suck now.  No really. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on February 23, 2018, 02:42:29 PM
does that include their alcoholism

I think the site compares their alcoholism and corniness but not their Super Bowl performance.

Zanshin

...a little surprised nobody snuck Jimmy Smith in there.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on February 23, 2018, 03:14:40 PM
...a little surprised nobody snuck Jimmy Smith in there.

i dont think i would have put him anyway but i only did players that ever made an eagles team
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

I'm a little conflicted on the coaches. Vermeil (HC), Ryan (DC), Pederson (OC)

QB- Wentz, Cunningham, Vick
RB - McCoy, Westbrook, Watters, Walker, Byars
WR- TO, Carter, Quick, Fryar, Charmichael, D. Jackson
TE- K. Jackson, Bavarro, Ertz

OL- Runyan, Thomas, Herremans, Peters, Mathis, Brooks, Walters, Mayberry, Kelce

DL- White, Simmons, Dent, Brown, Douglas, Cox, Cole, Simon, Graham

LB- Joyner, Evans, Thomas, Trotter, Emmons, Kirkland, Bergey
CB- Vincent, Taylor, Samuel, Allen, Brown.
S - Dawkins, Jenkins, Hopkins, Waters

P - Landetta
K- Akers
KR- Sproles

hbionic

What I'm surprised most of all from these lists is how frequent Vick appears on their lists.

He was fun to watch the first year and up to the Miracle in the Meadowlands III...but after that, pure trash. I felt bad because refs and the NFL had it in for him. But otherwise, he wasn't a good QB at all.

He wouldn't be on any top 10 QB's for anything.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

What the hell are you talking about?  He's one of the most exciting football players I've ever seen.  He threw a beautiful, accurate long ball, and was outright stunning in the open field.  Without looking it up, he's top three all time QB rushing yards, and has to be up there for rushing TDs as well. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Quote from: hbionic on February 23, 2018, 05:06:26 PM...Vick ... wouldn't be on any top 10 QB's for anything.

Looked it up.  He's #5 all time rushing TDs for a QB (super bowl era).  Randall is tied for #6.  McNabb is #10.  Three of the top 10 were Eagles.

He's #3 all time QB rushing yards.  Donovan is #7.  Randall, #1.

Thats two different ways that Vick is top ten of all QBs, not just Eagles QBs.

General_Failure

I mean, if you're building an all-star team you don't need the guy that can go through his progressions and check down better than anyone. You'll probably do fine with the guy that can throw it up there or haul ass if he needs to, and nobody does both of those better than Vick.