Main Menu

Media BS

Started by Zanshin, October 04, 2005, 09:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

So the translation is "if the teams sucks, he won't be as popular". Wow, what fargin' insight

not what i said homie...read what i wrote again because im not gonna explain it twice
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2005, 10:10:22 AM

but trust me ...

And why exactly should I trust you?  You seem to say that an awful lot in absence of anything concrete.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2005, 10:10:22 AM
id also rather them win and have a coach i feel a kinship with ie vermeil

Then be a Chiefs fan. 

Who the hell cares about having a kinship with the head coach?  You want sound bytes?  Mike Tice gives sound bytes.  Bill Parcells gives sound bytes.  And incase you didn't notice, their teams suck moose taint. 

Some people are just never satisfied.  You'd probably ask for a refund at a free dinner if the meal wasn't good enough. 

rjs246

I'd like to hug Andy Reid's manboobs.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2005, 09:59:53 AM
well truth be told there is a segment of eagle fans that wish andy didnt come off as a pompous paranoid condecending arrogant mute...doesnt mean theyd rather lose and have buddy ryan as coach (well some actually do) but it would be nice to win and at the same time feel some kind of relationship with your coach...

reid is probably the most approachable, and fan friendly coach the eagles have had in a long time. he loves the fans. he hates the media.

his interactions with fans are far and away very personable. those who base the personality of ried based solely on his press conferences, are closed minded to the rest of situation.

the media has complained about his press conferences, and then every time a player shuns these blowhards, they hate on them too.

even now, reid talks about eagles chants when he's on vacation, and then promptly calls donovan on his cell to tell him "we gotta win it this year for these people"...and the last time they sold tickets at the vet for a playoff game, he went outside and talked to fans waiting in line. i've seen him talk to fans at camp, and i have even met the guy 4 years ago, and he said something to me first.

i enjoy reid hard stance against the media. they're just a bunch of bloodhounds looking for a piece of meat to chew on when it comes to covering the birds.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

henchmanUK

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2005, 10:20:06 AM
So the translation is "if the teams sucks, he won't be as popular". Wow, what fargin' insight

not what i said homie...read what i wrote again because im not gonna explain it twice

I know what you said and it still makes no sense.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

ice grillin you

then be a Chiefs fan

huh? 

Who the hell cares about having a kinship with the head coach?

i do

You want sound bytes?  Mike Tice gives sound bytes

who said anything about sound bytes??...not me

Bill Parcells gives sound bytes.  And incase you didn't notice, their teams suck moose taint

his teams have sucked??...hes fifty times the coach andy is
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2005, 10:30:37 AM
Bill Parcells gives sound bytes.  And incase you didn't notice, their teams suck moose taint

his teams have sucked??...hes fifty times the coach andy is

in the 80's

3 teams later he hasnt done shtein
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

rjs246

This thread is so goddamned stupid.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Great post Wingspan.

Not sure if any of you guys have read Gargano's book yet, but the foreward in there from Reid was fantastic. Here is how it starts:

QuoteI must tell you a story. I must tell you the story of that morning in January 2001 when single game tickets went on sale for our first playoff game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We were still at the Vet and I had been working all night, catching a few hours of sleep on the couch in my office, and I emerged, the sun barely up and awake, to a throng of people braving the bitter cold for a chance to buy seats. They stood out there, lining the ramps of the stadium, some for most of the night, and it was colder than football cold but they were undeterred. And when they saw me, they cheered and hollered and began doing EAGLE changes, and what I saw was something profound: The Passion of Philadelphia. It was overwhelming. I bought them hot chocolate and doughnuts and I wished I could have brought them all into my office to keep warm, though they're a tough bunch, football players in spirit.

I knew it then and I know it now: I'm very fortunate to coach foobtall in a sports town like this, a town that loves the game the way I love the game........

......It didn't take me long to feel at home here. When it comes to sports, this is a big city with a small-town atmosphere. It's almost a college atmosphere. The fans will fill the stadium whether the teams are winning or losing. I think back to that first year when we were building the foundation of our success and not winning a lot of games; I looked up into the stands and they were there. There's no front-runner in these fans. What I like most is that I think we share the same pulse of how things are going. If you're winning, they're feeling pretty good, celebrating the good times with you. If you're not winning, they're booing and you're kicking yourself in the tail. We're in that same frame of mind. We Connect.

I was with the Green Bay Packers when I first learned of The Passion of Philadelphia. Reggie White was with us and I remember being at the hotel and the people gathered around the lobby. It was part Reggie, but also part the people loving Reggie. It showed me the loyalty of this city. That's carried over to this football team. People don't just follow this team. They study it. They love it. They live it. When people start willing things to relatives that are Eagles related, that's when you know it's getting close to a religious state. Our fans want to be engulfed by the Philadelphia Eagles.

He goes on to talk about how incredible Jacksonville was and how it felt like a home game with the amazing fans that came there.

Nah, no way to connect with this guy...at all.  ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Father Demon

Bought it.  Will read it this weekend.   :yay
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Beermonkey

This thread reeks of a desperate need for love & bonding.

Love me Andy...love meeee......I love you, do you love me? I PM'ed you & you didn't respond. I've been trying to find you on AIM but you're never on, are you OK? Love meeee pleassssee!

MadMarchHare

Didn't Reid come out and shake the hands of all the fans freezing their asses off in the Vet parking lot, waiting for playoff tickets to go on sale one year?

I agree with him.  The media are a bunch of biased iceholes.  I wouldn't talk much to them either.
Anyone but Reid.

SunMo

why are they iceholes?  they have a job to do and Andy makes their life tough, it's a natural human reaction.

if you had a job, and in that job there was a person preventing you from doing that job, you would probably not think the best of that person.

i don't care what andy does, i don't need him to be outgoing and full of jokes, i just want a super bowl win.  but i can understand why the media doesn't like his press conferences, and it doesn't make them iceholes.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

Quote from: Sun_Mo on October 04, 2005, 12:54:04 PM
why are they iceholes?  they have a job to do and Andy makes their life tough, it's a natural human reaction.

if you had a job, and in that job there was a person preventing you from doing that job, you would probably not think the best of that person.

i don't care what andy does, i don't need him to be outgoing and full of jokes, i just want a super bowl win.  but i can understand why the media doesn't like his press conferences, and it doesn't make them iceholes.

yes it does.

it is the media's job to report the news. sports media in general (this is not just local philly style), goes out of their way to create the news to report. that is where they blur the line of reporting, and just stirring shtein to sell papers or boost ratings.

how many times did the same question about TO have to be asked in the offseason? what was the point of a helicopter over TO's house?

as soon as you realize there is absolutley nothing unbiased about reporting sports, the better off you are...

you want a completely unbiased reports on last weeks game, here it is, in all it's factual glory
Connection Problems