I love Todd Heap!

Started by DH, December 19, 2005, 11:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

I went into my semis down 15 tonight with only Heap left. 110 yards and 2 TD's later, I'm in the finals bitches.  :yay :yay :yay

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's a shame there's not a fantasy/contest forum for this kind of braggery.

PhillyPhanInDC

Yeah. That screwed me all up. I'm the commish in my league, and going into last night, out of two brackets, it looked like a clear cut finals match-up. Now thanks to Todd Heap, I have a tie on my hands, 113-113. Ideas for how to be fair and break this for the finals are welcome! :-\
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Sgt PSN

Head to head record during the reg. season.

If that's a tie or n/a then go off of total points during the reg. season.

Or you could just have them fight to the death in a steel cage match. 

Diomedes

Just make a ruling and tell them they can either like it or quit.  Stupid fantasy football babies.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Diomedes

You can be the Commish next year, Sassy.  As a father of girls, you should have the skill set down pat.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

:-D  Thanks, but no thanks.  You can keep your kids bro.  Mine don't whine as much. 

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on December 20, 2005, 09:12:00 AM
Yeah. That screwed me all up. I'm the commish in my league, and going into last night, out of two brackets, it looked like a clear cut finals match-up. Now thanks to Todd Heap, I have a tie on my hands, 113-113. Ideas for how to be fair and break this for the finals are welcome! :-\

in my money league, we had predermined that if there was a tie, the team with the highest scoring individual player that week wins. if it still was tied, it was a total TD count. still a tie? coinflip.

but since this is hindsight, that wouldnt be unfair, in fact any way to determine a tiebreaker would seem unfair. ties should have been predetermined before hand in the playoffs
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Wingspan

Quote from: Wingspan on December 20, 2005, 12:37:08 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on December 20, 2005, 09:12:00 AM

in my money league, we had predermined that if there was a tie, the team with the highest scoring individual player that week wins. if it still was tied, it was a total TD count. still a tie? coinflip.

but since this is hindsight, that wouldnt be unfair, in fact any way to determine a tiebreaker would seem unfair. ties should have been predetermined before hand in the playoffs

oops, correct that, our playoff tiebreaker was this order:

1) Total TD count for the week.
2) Highest individual scoring player.
3) Coinflip.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

JTrotter Fan

Or go by the highest scoring team for the entire season.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Wingspan

Quote from: The Waco Kid on December 20, 2005, 01:01:19 PM
Or go by the highest scoring team for the entire season.

during our preseason, we discussed that, but on the chance you get a 7-6 team making it to the finals, you dont want to punish them for something that happened in week four.

so it was best to come up with tiebreakers that took into account that week only. for once you reached the postseason, everyone was 0-0. it was the first time all 10 teams (playing the leaue together for 8 or 9 years now) totally agreed on something.
Connection Problems