the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

---the other day a man was hit and killed by a metro train here in DC....here is metro spokeswomans quote on the incidient from the washington post:

"there may be some residual back-up...but no real delays at this point"

so "back-up" is the residue left by someone dying....i cant imagine anything worse than riding the metro and having to experience a "back-up"....except possibly getting hit by a train and dying....

when did peoples lives...other than our own...become so insignificant

---self-checkout machines at grocery stores are the devil.....is our unemployment rate so low that we need to start building machines to work the cashier jobs...not to mention its unbelievably inconvenient for the customers.....there are never more than four (usually 3) real life cashiers working now at my local grocery store....the cashiers or the manager are quick to come up to you and say "we have an opening in one of our self-checkout lines if youd like to move over there".....my response is always to inform the cashier that if everyone did that they wouldnt have a job....about a month ago i told one manager of my plans to develop a self managing machine....

---why are their stickers on grocery store fruit...do you ever just eat the sticker?...i hate those stickers so much...you cannot physically get them off without digging your nasty pre showered fingernail into the fruit...usually i forget to take it off and bite into half of it by mistake....then i just decide to eat it rather then peel the second half off....unless a good amount of it is suspended away from the fruit

---remember those garbage bad tie johnsons they used to have...at least i dont think they are around anymore..you know the ones that slide up and down like a beack chair track...no way anyone ever actually used those
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i would think the manufaturing of the self-checkout machines would generate more jobs than they cause at the store they are in
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Wingspan

i go to the acme 7 miles further away specifically because it has the self checkout.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

SunMo

Quote from: Wingspan on March 28, 2006, 02:09:51 PM
i go to the acme 7 miles further away specifically because it has the self checkout.

eventually generating more work for gas attendents and mechanics, well done Wingspan

self-checkout machines = economy stimulant

ice grillin you

not even close

not to mention the accessability of cashier jobs is far higher than that of self checkout machine making positions

SunMo

the more times i can deal with a machine over some moron who hates their job, the better

Wingspan

Quote from: Sun_Mo on March 28, 2006, 02:12:04 PM
the more times i can deal with a machine over some moron who hates their job, the better

bingo
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MURP

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

on the first day

phattymatty

i've tried to use those self-checkout machines like twice ever and they are a huge pain in the a-hole.  probably because i always have beer and/or cigarettes, whcih means someone has to come over and check your id first anyway.  worthless.

Wingspan

the home depot self checkout is a godsend.

Connection Problems

SunMo

eventually someones gonna be smart enough to install a way to scan your license

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

our lives were never signifigant.

ask nature.
Connection Problems

PoopyfaceMcGee

Self-checkout is much better if I only have a few items.  If I have a cart full of crap, it's much easier to go to a manned (or womanned) register, usually with a bagger.  Much faster, even if I have to wait a bit.

ice grillin you

go for self...thats what life is all about

SunMo

i was at the grocery store the other day (no self checkout).  it was the middle of the day so the checkout lady didn't have a bagger.  a guy was in front of me and as she was ringing up his items, he just stood there.  now, if that's me, and she doesn't have a bagger, i am bagging my own items to 1) be nice and 2) make the whole thing go faster.

so, she's done with the stuff, he pays with his card, she waits for the receipt, the whole time, 10 farging items are sitting there.  i almost bagged the shtein myself to make a point, that's how much it bothered me.  then she finally started to bag the stuff and he just kinda turned his back to avoid his shame. 

i hope he's dead.