Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Does anyone else smirk when they hear that Jon Runyan is scolding players about their behavior on the field. 

Dude was pretty nasty.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Kinda weird story with Martellus Bennett.  Said he was thinking about retiring after the season, then the Packers said he was injured, then they cut him citing failure to disclose injury. 

https://deadspin.com/packers-cut-martellus-bennett-with-failure-to-disclose-1820274602

Tomahawk

When did Trump buy the Packers?

QB Eagles

Wow, Tyrod benched. Not exactly sure he was the problem with the Bills.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah that is kinda surprising

ice grillin you

he stinks and they are going nowhere but it still seems awfully early in the afc to do this

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 15, 2017, 10:40:10 AM
he stinks

He's a top 15-20 QB in the NFL. There are so many bad QBs that these statements don't contradict each other,though.

They must like what they are seeing from Peterman.

MDS

i thought peterman looked good in the eagles/bills preseason game. obviously considering the game and talent level it was nothing, but he was making some nice throws. a window is a window.

tyrod has now been benched by 2 different bills coaching staffs. im not sure hes a top 15-20 qb. hes better than whoever the browns are starting, but other than that, youre really splitting hairs. is he better than josh mccown? wouldnt you rather have garopollo, who at least has big upside?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 15, 2017, 01:16:00 PM
He's a top 15-20 QB in the NFL.

i personally wouldnt have done it but its not because tyrod taylor is around the 17th best qb in the nfl....i mean he is worthless is never taking you anywhere and is probably gone after this season

but at least on record you still have a really legit shot at the playoffs and bringing in a rookie 5th rounder this soon seems like a bad idea in terms of messaging to your team and fans

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Tomahawk

Why would Larry Fitzgerald sign an extension with the Cardinals? He's only playing for a championship at this point and unless they're hiding a QB somewhere, the Cards aren't going next year either.

Diomedes

$11 million more dollars maybe?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

He could put that towards a masters degree. Or making another $11 million from commercials about getting a masters degree.

Sgt PSN

I don't know if he's taken up permanent residence in AZ or not, but maybe he's comfy there and doesn't want to disrupt his home life. Or maybe he's smart enough to realize that even if he signs elsewhere, the odds of him winning a SB are still stacked against him even if he signs with an odds on favorite. His player legacy is set. A SB win in his twilight doesn't change much.