WORLD SERIES 2005 - WHITE SOX VS. ASTROS!

Started by henchmanUK, October 20, 2005, 05:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 27, 2005, 10:53:13 PM
Worst rated World Series ever!

Somewhere, in a dark, smoky room, the return of the Yankees to the Fall Classic is being rigged.

henchmanUK

Quote from: rjs246 on October 27, 2005, 12:00:46 PM
I find it endlessly ironic that our British brother here is a baseball fan. The UK has some of the most amazing sports I've ever seen (hurling, comes immediately to mind) and yet you choose to follow the most boring team sport ever created. Unfathomable.

Hurling is, indeed, an awesome sport - as is Gaelic football, Aussie Rules football, but God help you if you call hurling a "British" sport if you are ever in Ireland. ;) BTW, baseball is NOT the most boring team sport ever created, that honour belongs to cricket. However, as we kicked Australia's arses this summer, I now like it.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

phillymic2000

The Sox fans have been very good about celebrating, from what I've heard no arrests have been made, just some guy who dislocated his shoulder from high fiving people (not kidding). Fans around my work on the south side have signs in their car and homes, just a lot of smiles on everyones faces, well except the cub fans down here >:D

Mad-Lad

It's about to get FREAKIN NUTS here in downtown Chicago.  They've got giant ticker tape cannons set up and there's more White Sox gear than i've seen in my ten years here in the Windy City.  Jeebus!  I did see a guy wearing a Cubs hat on my way to work.  I'm sure he's been beaten and thrown in a dumpster since then.

Wingspan

there;s no point to winning a championship if everyone is going to behave.

hell detriot riots and they win all the time between the red wings and pistons, even boston cops get in on it by shooting eyes out.

without mayhem in the streets, there is no true champion until at least 1 fan dies and one minivan is flipped over and burning!
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: Wingspan on October 28, 2005, 12:28:14 PM
without mayhem in the streets, there is no true champion until at least 1 fan dies and one minivan is flipped over and burning!

I think chicago got that out of their system during the first Bulls championships.  They used to run commercials with Pippen, Jordan, Phil, etc. as a public service announcement saying "please don't burn, loot, and pillage."  It seemed to work well enough for the second run of 3 championships.

The only thing i had to deal with after the White Sox won was a rediculous amount of loud-ass fireworks outside.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Mad-Lad on October 28, 2005, 12:39:56 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on October 28, 2005, 12:28:14 PM

I think chicago got that out of their system during the first Bulls championships.  They used to run commercials with Pippen, Jordan, Phil, etc. as a public service announcement saying "please don't burn, loot, and pillage."  It seemed to work well enough for the second run of 3 championships.

The only thing i had to deal with after the White Sox won was a rediculous amount of loud-ass fireworks outside.

those commericals were classics! :-D :-D

No gun shots over head? THe one secretary at my office was complaining cause her neighbor kept on shooting of his gun that night. South chicago Heights finest!!

Mad-Lad

there may have been gunshots too, but i sure as hell wasn't heading outside to find out.  I just know there were fireworks cause they were going off right outside my apartment.

satoshi

I just watched the 9th inning of Game 4 because I was working. Why was Iguchi benched in the inning?