Divisional - Falcons: Over Before It Started

Started by MDS, December 31, 2017, 11:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on January 01, 2018, 03:52:34 PM
It's great to just shtein on the Eagles chances.  If they lose you get to be right and if they win, you get to say they don't deserve it.  FUN

If the Eagles win with Nick farging Foles at QB and Vaitaii at LT they deserve the win more than any team in nfl history. They'd of made it to the conference finals without the likely league mvp at the most important position in the NFL and a hall of fame LT which is the second most important position on offense. Insurmountable odds to overcome.

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on January 01, 2018, 04:40:27 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 01, 2018, 03:52:34 PM
It's great to just shtein on the Eagles chances.  If they lose you get to be right and if they win, you get to say they don't deserve it.  FUN

If the Eagles win with Nick farging Foles at QB and Vaitaii at LT they deserve the win more than any team in nfl history. They'd of made it to the conference finals without the likely league mvp and a hall of fame LT. Insurmountable odds to overcome.

dont forget jordan hicks....they lost their second best defensive player and two best offensive players this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Not to understate Hick's injury because it's crucial and he's a borderline pro bowler but the rest of the d is good enough to cover up for his injury.

Just saw Joe Walker was put on IR. Thought Ellerbee played decent in a rotation.

ice grillin you

hicks is really good but what makes his loss big is their complete lack of depth at the position...thank goodness for malcolm jenkins versatility

ice grillin you

i was just reading jimmy kempski's 10 awards article and he thinks they will be a touchdown or more dog for this game

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 01, 2018, 05:20:19 PM
i was just reading jimmy kempski's 10 awards article and he thinks they will be a touchdown or more dog for this game

I 'think' the offense will get their shtein together. This is Foles 4th game, 2 he played the entire game, they have 2 weeks of practice to straighten some kinks out and come up with a game plan. He didn't play well yesterday but the rest of the offense didn't help, he needs to avoid the god awful gimme picks. I understand he's only a backup but he's played a lot of games in the NFL and he's making bad throws you'd expect from a rookie.

If Doug does what I think he's going to do, which is ground it out with Ajayi and relegate Foles to game manager I can see them putting up some points. Doug needs to modify his playcalling on 1st and 2nd downs, they went from one of the best 3rd down teams in the league to worst once Wentz went down. Useless Blount runs into the center and square outs to whoever are easy to stop and predictable. Ertz over the middle, Agholor slants, Jeffery along the sideline, pass plays out of the backfield to Clement...these are proven passing plays that have worked. I feel like he's overcomplicating the offense like he still has Wentz as a QB to bail out his bad play call. Regardless of who they play because of hfa, the weather, and the defense, I think they can keep it close...something like losing 21-17.

Eagles_Legendz

Unless the Saints beat Carolina by like 21, the eagles will open between +2 to +5.  I'd be willing to bet $ the spread will be less than +7

ice grillin you

i dont see any way they are home dogs by a touchdown or more no matter who they play....just seems ludicrous to me

Eagles_Legendz

It'll be higher if it's New Orleans ... probably 4-5.5.  Carolina or ATL I think would be close to pick.

ice grillin you

i acrually think they will be a slight favorite against anyone

QB Eagles

Vegas SuperBook:

vs. Saints: Eagles +4.5
vs. Panthers: Eagles +3.5
vs. Falcons: Pick

Obviously it'll change based on how those teams look next week or injuries.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on January 01, 2018, 03:35:07 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 01, 2018, 03:31:27 PM
All three are beatable.

nick foles looked like a cfl qb the last 2 weeks but these teams are "beatable"

what planet of denial do you live on and can i go

You don't pay attention very closely to the NFL do you?

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 01, 2018, 04:09:41 PM
you want them to win but could care less if they lose....im not even joking....i wish i could feel that way

You're right, I could care less if they lose.  It will make me mildly grumpy for a week or so, instead of not affecting me at all.  I won't be traumatized though, you're right about that.  If you will be, I have pity for you, and hope you get help.  Living and dying by a billionaire's entertainment product is SAD.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

AshishPatel81

One thing that has concerned me about the Eagles all season, but I never felt like bringing up because they were rolling, were looking dominant, and I really didn't want to get into a big thing over such an innocuous topic, that I never really brought it up. And plus, there wasn't really any concrete indicators that could prove or disprove this either way, unless the Eagles lost Wentz due to injury, and unfortunately that happened.

That worry is I've always thought the skill position talent on this team was overrated. They have no gamebreakers, no electric playmakers. Their fastest WR is either a rookie who has yet to establish himself in Mack Hollins, or Torrey Smith who sucks and drops a million balls. Carson Wentz is by far this team's biggest playmaker, and the dude accounts for like 80 or more % of the Eagles offense - including the effect he has on RPOs. On one hand, that can be a positive. It tells you that you have an elite franchise QB. On the other hand it also tells you that if you get an injury, you're farged.

It's why the Packers have only won one Superbowl with Aaron Rodgers. The guy is the most talented QB I've ever seen, but the team is built so much around him, he's gotten hurt a bunch of times and their seasons went down the toilet. For all I know, the Eagles will come out in a couple weeks and drop 40 on their opponent, but going forward the Eagles have to be careful to not do what the Packers did and build a team so heavily around your QB that if he gets hurt, the offense goes from #1 in the league to barely being able to score a TD. They need some gamebreakers that can take a wobbly 5 yard Foles dump off pass into a 40 yard play. Right now they have no one who can take it to the house on any given play, except maybe Ajayi. Agholor has some YAC ability, but he's not a gamebreaker.

Easier said than done, but Wentz has proven to be kinda injury prone his first couple years. Gotta find a way to get some more weapons for this offense in the off-season so if he goes down again in future years, the backup QB doesn't inherit an offense that was so reliant on Carson Wentz to elevate everyone else.

Rip away if you think I'm being overly negative, I can handle it  :P

Eagaholic

I'm probably missing something here, maybe because I didn't see a good chunk of the Giants game and missed a few plays here and there that Foles was otherwise in. But My biggest concern is that Foles seems to have no arm strength. Not enough for a long 50 yard pass or a put a lot of zip on a 20 yard out. He used to have a decent arm. Does anyone else remember him really firing any passes since he has taken over? Without being able to zip it more than 25 yards other defenses know they are one and a half dimensional and tee off.