Week 17 - Cowboys: Nate Sudfield & Friends

Started by MDS, December 26, 2017, 10:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Tomahawk on December 28, 2017, 10:42:15 AM
Quote from: EJ72 on December 28, 2017, 03:53:42 AM
Quote from: MDS on December 27, 2017, 12:02:45 PM
cowboys are 3 point favorites

when was the last time the eagles were homedogs?

Whoever's setting the line didn't see the Dallas/Seattle game. That was pathetic and Dez Bryant needs to go away. I'm sick of his inconsistency, his antics and his 53% catch percentage. He's not a #1 receiver and hasn't been for awhile. He can throw that X up his arse.

The coaching staff needs to go away too but Jerrah Jones is an idiot and will keep everyone around.

I'd be surprised to see Dallas win even if Philly plays all backups.

Why does he refuse to fire Garrett?

i think he genuinely likes garratt but mostly its because garrat is a raging sycophant and he loves that most
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 28, 2017, 11:14:57 AMgarrat is a raging sycophant and he loves that most

That's my interpretation. Jones has always outweighed his personal feelings in personnel decisions. It's the gift he keeps giving to the rest of the NFC East.

I think calling Garrett average is generous, too. Even Hue Jackson could have coached those guys to 8 wins. It's a lot of talent, poorly applied.

MDS

he won coach of the year last year

i know theres ample evidence to suggest hes a worthless clapping buffoon but if you combine that with the fact that he cock worships jerry (the most important thing you can do as a cowboys employee), there really is no debate.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Garrett is a yes man who suckles on Jerrah's teet. Jimmy and Tuna both had backbones and weren't afraid of telling him to stay out of their business. Garrett ain't standing up to anyone so he'll get to be mediocre for a decade+ as long as he sprinkles in a good season every few years.

ice grillin you

i think garrat is probabaly around an average coach perhaps a bit below

the problem with the cowboys is until they get a legit big name head coach  they are screwed because people like garrat wont be able to assemble good staffs behind them which is critical

you have a chance to hire a legit head coach in dallas because of the money and prestige of the franchise however until you do that no one but re treads and complete no names with any real future is going to deal with that environment while having to coach below a jason garrat

doug is a great example of a bad coach having a great staff (and a mvp qb of course)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 28, 2017, 11:54:07 AM

doug is a great example of a bad coach having a great staff (and a mvp qb of course)

Well Garrett has future HOFer Dak. He was drafted in the 4th round too.

smeags

any update on jones possibly playing this week ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

EJ72

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 28, 2017, 11:14:57 AM
Quote from: Tomahawk on December 28, 2017, 10:42:15 AM
Quote from: EJ72 on December 28, 2017, 03:53:42 AM
Quote from: MDS on December 27, 2017, 12:02:45 PM
cowboys are 3 point favorites

when was the last time the eagles were homedogs?

Whoever's setting the line didn't see the Dallas/Seattle game. That was pathetic and Dez Bryant needs to go away. I'm sick of his inconsistency, his antics and his 53% catch percentage. He's not a #1 receiver and hasn't been for awhile. He can throw that X up his arse.

The coaching staff needs to go away too but Jerrah Jones is an idiot and will keep everyone around.

I'd be surprised to see Dallas win even if Philly plays all backups.

Why does he refuse to fire Garrett?

i think he genuinely likes garratt but mostly its because garrat is a raging sycophant and he loves that most

I think Jerrah saw Garrett as a future head coach going all the way back to his days as a backup QB, I really do. When Garrett was OC and there were rumors of him becoming the Ravens coach(Dodged a bullet there, Baltimore) I think Jones went into panic mode because he saw him as a future HC.

EJ72

Quote from: MDS on December 28, 2017, 11:40:08 AM
he won coach of the year last year

i know theres ample evidence to suggest hes a worthless clapping buffoon but if you combine that with the fact that he cock worships jerry (the most important thing you can do as a cowboys employee), there really is no debate.

Dallas caught lightning in a bottle last year but there were a lot of personnel changes in the offseason on both sides of the ball. As long as Jones has owned the team, I can only remember a couple of times where he went off on a player or coach publicly. I'll never forget him getting into it on the sideline with Quinthy Carter years ago.

He's a meddling owner and thinks he knows more about football than he does.

EJ72

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 28, 2017, 11:46:36 AM
Garrett is a yes man who suckles on Jerrah's teet. Jimmy and Tuna both had backbones and weren't afraid of telling him to stay out of their business. Garrett ain't standing up to anyone so he'll get to be mediocre for a decade+ as long as he sprinkles in a good season every few years.

Yep. I don't know what kind of tongue lashing Garrett gets from Jones behind closed doors but I guarantee he's sit there quietly and take it.

Garrett may be serviceable as an OC but he's in over his head as a HC. He'll stick around because Jones likes to have puppets as head coaches, his say on personnel and hates to admit he made a mistake.

EJ72

Quote from: AO1 on December 28, 2017, 12:28:45 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on December 28, 2017, 11:54:07 AM

Well Garrett has future HOFer Dak. He was drafted in the 4th round too.

I think Dak can still be a decent starter as long as you run the ball and don't rely on his arm to win games.

I also think that the retooling of the OL did not go as planned and that Dak has been shell shocked/timid in the pocket since the Atlanta game when the OL played like damp tissue paper and he got sacked eight times. I don't think he has confidence in this version of the OL to protect him in the pocket.

Anyway, I expect Philly to win this one even though it may not be a blowout once you start resting starters.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Ray Diddy made a good point, why not throw Sidney Jones out there. He's fully recovered from his achilles injury. Let him get some experience. He obviously wouldn't play in the postseason but getting a game under his belt wouldn't be a bad idea.

MDS

they put joe walker on IR, but havent added jones yet. youd figure that would be the move....