2017/2018 Phillies Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 09, 2017, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 22, 2017, 08:13:11 PM
Quote from: MDS on December 22, 2017, 08:47:04 AM
according to zolecki, neshak is wearing #93 next year and he will the first person in baseball history to do this

this seems insane to me

I hate anything over 50s in baseball

I actually feel the same way.  Any number over 50 looks weird to me in baseball.  Except 99.  It just works.  But yeah, if some dude is rocking 72 on his jersey, I get physically uncomfortable. 

I also feel the same way about college kickers wearing double digits.  Most of them are still so scrawney that the digits are practically wrapping around them. 

PhillyPhreak54

lol agreed on the college kickers too

Ron Artest kinda started the "wear some random number" thing.

MDS

would anyone like to guess what the most worn number in mlb history is?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

Rome

ice grillin you

not sure whats behind the kevin thing but

kevin frandsen
kevin stocker
kevin jordan

all will be used in the booth to make up for larry andersons reduced schedule

Geowhizzer

Is Andersen doing all the home games, or is it just jumbled up between the four?

EDIT:  Think I found it out:

Quote from: Burlington TimesThe Phillies announced Monday that they've hired former players Kevin Frandsen, Kevin Jordan and Kevin Stocker to their radio broadcast team. The trio will rotate working road games alongside Franzke for the 2018 season.

As previously announced, Andersen will only work home games in 2018 as part of a reduced schedule.

ice grillin you

thats their written plan but id be surprised if he did all the home games even...he missed some last year especially in the second half of the season

actually wouldnt surprise me if he just up and retired at some point during the season

MDS

who has the most career hits/homers between the kevins? make your guess and find out.

mine: hits - stocker. homers - frandsen.

answers:
[spoiler]frand 322, 15
jord 363, 23
stock 703, 23[/spoiler]
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Autopsy: Roy Halladay died from blunt force trauma, had morphine in system during plane crash

QuoteThe body of two-time Cy Young winner Roy Halladay showed evidence of morphine, an amphetamine and the sleeping medication Ambien when it was examined after his fatal plane crash off the coast of Florida in November, according to the autopsy report obtained by USA TODAY Sports on Friday.

The report by the Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner's Office also showed that Halladay's blood alcohol content was .01. The antidepressant fluoxetine (Prozac) was also detected.

Not sure what all this means, but that seems like a bad mix of medication.

QB Eagles

He was mixing uppers and downers and flying that death trap a few feet off the water every day.

Doc basically committed suicide.