2017/2018 Phillies Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 09, 2017, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah once I heard the Pedro comparisons to Sixto I've written him off

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Phillies luck:  Sixto's arm falls off next year.

MDS

stories like this are what leads me to believe they will not be outbid for machado: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/philadelphia-phillies-owner-john-middleton-carlos-santana-marlins-braves-mets-nationals-20171221.html

also this quote:
Quote"What Tampa's asking for Archer or what the Pirates are asking for Cole, I don't want to say it's extortion, but it's an arm and a leg," he said. "So Matt looks at us and says, 'I've got a deal over here, and it's a bad deal. I think if I tweaked it this way, it would be a good deal. I'd be willing to do this deal, not their deal.' And if he can get our deal, he'll do it. And if he can't, he'll come to us and say, 'I don't want to do it.'

this is why sixto is so valuable. its impossible to find elite starting pitching under 30. they may have one.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

according to zolecki, neshak is wearing #93 next year and he will the first person in baseball history to do this

this seems insane to me

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: MDS on December 22, 2017, 08:47:04 AM
according to zolecki, neshak is wearing #93 next year and he will the first person in baseball history to do this

this seems insane to me

I'm sure someone in the history of baseball has worn the #93. It would be impossible to verify but I'm sure some little leaguer/Junior High/High school kid/College kid/Minor leaguer wore that number. People like to use their birth year as their number.

If you're talking strictly MLB, then you should be more specific.

ice grillin you

Rome

I thought it was an ode to the '93 team. 

SD

MDS

Quote from: AntiRome on December 22, 2017, 10:25:36 AM

hes a card collecting autograph hound baseball nerd, so im guessing hes beside himself being the only to ever wear 93

also never worn: 80, 86, 89, 90, 92

SD

Quote from: MDS on December 22, 2017, 02:37:04 PM
Quote from: AntiRome on December 22, 2017, 10:25:36 AM

hes a card collecting autograph hound baseball nerd, so im guessing hes beside himself being the only to ever wear 93

also never worn: 80, 86, 89, 90, 92

Chris Carter, Arkansas Fred, Calvin Williams, Corey Simon, Reggie

I'm bored on OT

PhillyPhreak54

this seems insane to me

I hate anything over 50s in baseball

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 22, 2017, 08:13:11 PM

this seems insane to me

I hate anything over 50s in baseball

this settles it

ice grillin you

just for you guys i ordered this tonight