2017 Draft Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2017, 07:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

QBE:  Orange you glad you asked that question?

smeags

Quote from: General_Failure on May 02, 2017, 01:44:39 PM
Philadelphia is too cold for growing tangibles.

so global warming is a hoax after all.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/2018-NFL-Draft-Dallas-Philadelphia-Adam-Schefter.html?utm_campaign=Philly.com+Sports+Twitter+Account&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=social&cid=Philly.com+Sports+Twitter+Account

"What a Cowboys draft would be missing, however, is the Rocky ambiance, and I'm not talking about the movie or the statue," LeBreton wrote. "The Philadelphia attitude, the fans' passion for their Eagles, would be impossible for a Cowboys crowd to match."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Damn right.

That's what I tell people when they mock the whole Rocky thing. Just had the discussion this week at the bar. It's a mentality.

ice grillin you

kipers redraft grade..

Philadelphia Eagles
Post-draft grade: B+

Here's what I wrote to close out the Eagles' grade last year: "It's not a home run class, but the Eagles got better."

Well, yeah. Did anyone last April think that these Eagles could win Super Bowl LII? But they made some really smart free-agent signings and trades, their sophomore quarterback took a huge leap (and their backup starred in clutch time) and the rookie class produced a few guys who helped push them over the line.

Pass-rusher Derek Barnett had six total sacks (one in the playoffs), cornerback Rasul Douglas chipped in with two interceptions and seven pass breakups, and wide receiver Mack Hollins added 16 catches, including one for a touchdown, and will likely play a much bigger role in 2018. Undrafted running back Corey Clement played his way onto the field and had six regular-season touchdowns. We also have to count kicker Jake Elliott, the fifth-round pick by the Bengals who was cut and picked up by Philadelphia. He only went on to make some clutch kicks in the Super Bowl (and miss an extra point, to be fair).

This is a solid class, and it could be in the A territory at this time next year if cornerback Sidney Jones sees more playing time after sitting out most of 2017 with an Achilles injury.

New grade: B+

rjs246

Two days before the draft and we don't even have a thread where we all pretend to know who the Eagles will/should draft. What a time to be alive.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on April 24, 2018, 08:01:03 AM
Two days before the draft and we don't even have a thread where we all pretend to know who the Eagles will/should draft. What a time to be alive.

they are either going to have one pick over the first two days (at friggin midnight on thursday no less) or no picks on the first day...either way zzzzzzz.....at least they got a sb out of it tho

phattymatty

not caring about the draft means the eagles did something good so I am fine with never caring about the draft again.

smeags

I just wanna see eric allen troll the crowd.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phattymatty on April 24, 2018, 11:05:10 AM
not caring about the draft means the eagles did something good so I am fine with never caring about the draft again.

I have been basically unplugged from the draft stuff because of the SB...I would like if they traded back or if they stayed put and took Sony Michele I'm cool with that too.

Zanshin

The draft is a crapshoot in the best of years; the fact that they won the super bowl and don't have a lot of picks means I care less than usual. It's basically like they're taking Sidney Jones early in the first round this year ;-).

Susquehanna Birder

I don't like the idea of being pickless in rounds 2 and 3, so I'm hoping for a trade-down. Unless the brain trust sees somebody they just have to get at 32, then by all means fire away. They have totally earned my trust.

I used to pause and look at draft stuff on TV (or on the web), trying to figure out what the Eagles are going to do. But like with so many other things, this championship means not having to worry about all the chaos at the top 2/3 of the draft...and I ok with that.

ice grillin you

i cant believe how lucky the teams are in this years draft who pick from like 5 to 12...theres so many players in there that in any other draft would go top 5 to top 3 or even number one but with all these farging qb's they are sliding down

Rome

Another shockwave from the Wentz/Goff draft.   Franchise Quarterbacks are important but Nick Foles beat Tom Brady in the Super Bowl.  They're not "all important."

Teams passing on Chubb will rue the day they pass on him.  He's a certified monster.  I just hope he doesn't land with the Giants.