Phils Offseason 16-17

Started by MDS, November 02, 2016, 02:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Matt Stairs is the new hitting coach and no I am not joking
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Deeeeep into the night! Stairs!

ice grillin you

whatever gets him out of the broadcasting booth
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 02, 2016, 02:57:09 PM
whatever gets him out of the broadcasting booth

My first thought too.

I would have gladly taken TMac as the hitting coach.

PhillyPhreak54

Stairs may end up being ok as a coach

And this is good sometimes...but is there a more incestuous team in sports than the Phillies? If you have ever had some sort of connection with them then you're pretty much guaranteed a job.

ice grillin you

rumor has kruk replacing him...that would be awesome

PhillyPhreak54

Kruk could be his booth replacement

That would be great

Sgt PSN

Why would Kruk leave that buttery analyst job at espn to call games for the Phillies?  No way they'll come close on matching salary and he'll be back on the same travel schedule as his playing days.  I'd love it but it doesn't make much sense....unless he just wants to get closer to the game again.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 02, 2016, 03:32:43 PM
Stairs may end up being ok as a coach

And this is good sometimes...but is there a more incestuous team in sports than the Phillies? If you have ever had some sort of connection with them then you're pretty much guaranteed a job.

The Flyers are right up there.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 02, 2016, 05:59:41 PM
Why would Kruk leave that buttery analyst job at espn to call games for the Phillies?  No way they'll come close on matching salary and he'll be back on the same travel schedule as his playing days.  I'd love it but it doesn't make much sense....unless he just wants to get closer to the game again.

he doesn't work for ESPN

Sgt PSN

I'm pretty site that if you look at every pro team's staff, you'll find them all littered with former players.  Can't imagine the Phils are significantly worse than the average.

PhillyPhreak54

I'll break it down one of these days but I'd guess the Phils have the most on the payroll - not just on field staff - of former players.

If Kruk gets the gig I'll watch despite TMac

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 02, 2016, 06:15:48 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 02, 2016, 05:59:41 PM

he doesn't work for ESPN

Yeah, I see that now. Didn't know he just left.

PhillyPhreak54

Pat Neshek acquired from Houston for a PTBNL or cash

Option picked up at $6.5m