Flyers 2016 Offseason

Started by rjs246, April 26, 2016, 08:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

As long as Cam Neeley is in the HOF, Lindros deserves to be there.

SD

That Neely is in is a travesty

QB Eagles

Hockey HOF is about as easy to get into as the Phillies Wall of Fame.

ice grillin you

the write up doesn't seem to fully support the grade but heres pronmans flyer draft review...

QuotePhiladelphia Flyers: B+

Organizational assessment: I liked the Flyers' first few picks, and even though I'm generally against the idea of taking goalies high, Carter Hart is a good candidate if you were going to take a netminder in the second round. Wade Allison was a little high for me, but he was a riser this season so I can see the argument. The rest of their Day 2 picks were guys I'm fine with, but not guys I loved. David Bernhardt could be a sleeper though, and some Swedes with whom I spoke recently were pumping his tires.

First-round pick: The well-rounded German Rubtsov was the top player on the inaugural Russia under-18 team this season, and showed well in international play. His skills aren't elite, but he shows good hands and is able to create space for himself. His hockey IQ is very impressive, as he displays great patience with the puck, sees his options well and always finds himself involved with the play.

Notable Day 2 picks: Pascal Laberge brings a solid base of intangibles to the table, shows a good work ethic every shift and doesn't shy away when the energy level ratchets up a few notches. Laberge is an above-average skater with a very good top gear, which allows him to separate off the rush. He's a creative playmaker who can dangle and create the occasional highlight-reel moment as well as consistently set his teammates up for scoring chances. He's not the best defensively, which is concerning as a center, but he is trending upward.

The CHL Goalie of the Year, Carter Hart is a very smart goaltender. His knowledge of how to read the game and anticipate pucks and his proper positioning in the net is high-end. Any scout you talk to about Hart comes back talking about how easy he makes it look and how he never gets out of his technique on tough saves. His athleticism is fine. He moves around at a solid level, and he has an above-average glove hand, but he doesn't have that explosive element in his game.

The best player during the USHL playoffs, Wade Allison turned me from a skeptic into a semi-believer of him as an NHL prospect. Allison is a pretty good skater (he finished toward the top in nearly every skating-related skills competition at the USHL top prospects game), showing a solid top gear and first few steps. He's a smart player with the puck, but he generates more chances for himself than his teammates. Allison was a shots-on-goal machine during the season and playoffs, and he could be a legitimate goal-scorer as a pro.

Connor Bunnaman works very hard and despite not having All-World skill, got trusted with scoring line time in Kitchener due to his effort level and his above-average hockey sense. I've misspelled Tanner Laczynski's name more than once, but on the ice he has solid puck skills and a quality wrist shot; unfortunately, he isn't elite at one particular thing and isn't that quick. David Bernhardt has some sleeper potential as a big defenseman with skill. He'll get up into attacks with decent hands and shooting ability but isn't the best on his checks.

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Schenn signs 4 years / $20.5M

ice grillin you

6. Philadelphia Flyers
Previous rank: 10

It's hard to criticize the Flyers' system. Talented all-around centers? Check. Dynamic big defensemen? Check. Ridiculous goaltender depth? Check. Depth through their amateur and professional ranks? Check. Players with star upside? Check. They don't have an Auston Matthews-caliber player in the pipeline, but that player doesn't stay in your system longer than three months anyhow. Ron Hextall emphasizes patience in developing players, so I do expect this system to remain at a high level for another two seasons as the build continues.

ice grillin you

flyers are usually on point with everything non roster related they do but these are just stupid

ice grillin you

phillipe myers survived another cut and robert hagg didnt

ice grillin you

ghost made pronmans best 25 nhl players under 25 for this year coming in at #25