Rest Of Baseball - 2016

Started by PhillyPhreak54, February 12, 2016, 06:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Jenrry Mejia is a world class idiot

Suspended again for PEDs

Second time he's been suspended...while on suspension

Sgt PSN

World class idiot....or trail blazing pioneer?  1st player to be banned for life for ped use. 

Rome

Die Hard's favorite Super Bowl buddy has indicated that he's not taking a home town discount when contract time rolls around.  You know, since he's being so drastically underpaid now.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14766308/nationals-mvp-bryce-harper-says-sell-short-potential-400-million-contract

I don't give a shtein how talented he is.  He's without a doubt the biggest dickhead in sports and it's not even close.

SD

And yet I hope he makes it to free agency and the Phillies sign him

Rome

I'd rather send him to a CIA Rendition Black Site, thanks.

SD

If he was drafted by and played for the Phillies we'd all love him. He's exactly what they need.

MDS

i dont get why he rubs people the wrong way....hes a fleshpop but so are a ton of humans and athletes. jimmy and chase come off as dicks and they were and are despised around baseball, but loved in philly. hmmm.

hes always been more talented than everyone hes played against and that was pretty much true at 19 in major league baseball. he shouldnt have to apologize for being really good at something, or wanting to get paid as much as humanly possible. and truth be told hes been much much more mature as of late. he plays the game super hard and hes a blast to watch.

but yes, he has a dumb haircut OMG
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: SD on February 13, 2016, 09:19:58 AM
If he was drafted by and played for the Phillies we'd all love him. He's exactly what they need.

That is 100% wrong.  Cheering for a player to succeed is not the same as liking the guy. 

See Papelbon, Jonathan.

Sgt PSN

Papelbon didn't come up with the Phils.  He was a well established douchebag from a rival NE city long before he came to Philly. But had the Phils drafted Papsmear, the fans would have almost certainly had a different attitude towards him.  If Harper were a Phillies draft pick, Billy Penn's face would have been covered in ultimate warrior eye black by now.

SD

Papelbon is a mid 30's closer and still a douche. Harper is a budding 23 year old mega star hitter who is brash. I understand you're not comparing the two just using Papeldouche as an example of a player you can root for but not like. But my statement stands, if he was drafted by the Phillies, the fans would love him. If he signed a mega deal here same difference. You only hate him because he plays for the Nats, is arrogant, and good. It's understandable.

Geowhizzer

Hmmm... Harper or Peter Bourjos...  I'll have to think about that one...

MDS

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 13, 2016, 11:56:27 AM
Hmmm... Harper or Peter Bourjos...  I'll have to think about that one...

lol...this is the simplest way to sum it up
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

PhillyPhreak54

Ok cool

I'll send it when I get to work in the AM

MDS