Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 10, 2009, 10:19:40 AM
why is it that just americans dont like it? is there some sort of reasonable explanation?   

its called football hockey baseball and basketball

if we were like brazil and only had soccer for most of the last 100 years then id probably like it to...when its the only thing you got you tend to force yourself to latch on...but when you have the four best pro sports leagues the world has ever known and all of them shtein all over soccer why the hell would you ever watch one second of it....

ill give people a pass on the world cup just because its such an event but even asking why americans dont like soccer is hilarious...its an awful game that was never ingrained in our culture...is that reasonable enough?

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Im confused why ice hockey has latched on in Brazil.

PhillyPhreak54

My girl's dad is a sports journalist in Peru. He asked what my reaction was to the US team's run the other week was and was shocked that I wasn't amped up.

rjs246

That's because he's never been exposed to major league baseball. If only the international community could see the excitement that is the MLB they'd never think about soccer again. Poor bastiches.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on July 10, 2009, 11:49:59 AM
That's because he's never been exposed to major league baseball. If only the international community could see the excitement that is the MLB they'd never think about soccer again. Poor bastiches.

exactly they would die if they had to watch baseball cause they didnt grow up with it...but thats why we are america and they arent

if we dont like baseball we get to watch football...if we dont like football we get to watch hockey...ect...its an embarrassment of riches...i feel so bad for the rest of the world being forced to watch that garbage

MDS

lol @ usa having the best 4 sports league in the world

english premier league >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nhl

not even on the same planet
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah if youre eurotrash or a freckled bird jawed racist from boston or a douchebag hipster from the LES wearing a chelsea jersey with sneakers and black tube socks while he bikes at 8AM to a bar that only shows soccer 

rjs246

Boston racists have never heard of soccer let alone watch it over hockey, retard.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on July 10, 2009, 12:00:23 PM
lol @ usa having the best 4 sports league in the world

english premier league >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nhl

not even on the same planet

Call me ignorant but I've never even heard of the English premier league

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 10, 2009, 11:22:18 AM
Quote from: MDS on July 10, 2009, 10:19:40 AM
why is it that just americans dont like it? is there some sort of reasonable explanation?   

its called football hockey baseball and basketball

if we were like brazil and only had soccer for most of the last 100 years then id probably like it to...when its the only thing you got you tend to force yourself to latch on...but when you have the four best pro sports leagues the world has ever known and all of them shtein all over soccer why the hell would you ever watch one second of it....

ill give people a pass on the world cup just because its such an event but even asking why americans dont like soccer is hilarious...its an awful game that was never ingrained in our culture...is that reasonable enough?

on point

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on July 10, 2009, 12:13:52 PM
Boston racists have never heard of soccer let alone watch it over hockey, retard.

you have any idea how many soccer only bars boston has

rjs246

In the five years I've lived here I have never once seen a 'soccer only' bar.

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

ill take the average soccer fan over some fat ne/south philly pos who only likes hockey because its one the sport without those colored peoples
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

I've never seen one in America...and if I did I'd refuse to acknowledge their existence.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MDS on July 10, 2009, 12:22:31 PM
ill take the average soccer fan over some fat ne/south philly pos who only likes hockey because its one the sport without those colored peoples

you'll take them where? the zoo, the beach, a natty ice social at munsons trailer?

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 10, 2009, 12:22:58 PM
I've never seen one in America...and if I did I'd refuse to acknowledge their existence.

ive never seen one in philly...but ive come across many in dc boston and ny