Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Rome

SD

Always been a Chevy man.

Rome

I sat in a Chevy Cruze last week.   I drove about 30 miles with a colleague and it was a total piece of crap.  Conversely I bought my wife a Nissan Sentra last year and the fit and finish by comparison was no contest.   She got the top of the line model and the Cruze I drove in was, I assume, the same. 

I know it's a matter of taste but I wouldn't buy a Chevy unless it was a stupendous deal.  And even then I'd probably pass. 

Diomedes

I don't understand why anyone would buy a Mustang when they could have a Camaro. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Because Camaros are ugly?

General_Failure

Settle down, fox body.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

white people are the best
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

I'm in the market for a new ride.  Found a 2009 Volkswagen CC that a buddy of mine has on consignment.  Nice and fully loaded.  Decent deal.  Car appears to be in very good condition.  I think I'm gonna buy that bitch tomorrow depending on the test drive and I want to run a Carfax on it just in case by man missed something.

Also - I still have the old Mercedes I've driven into the ground (50,000 miles in three years - oy vey), and I've been using YouTube to assist me in not paying some icehole 150 bucks an hour to do service on it.  My latest "triumph" was replacing the ac blower motor resistor.  Did that this evening. 

I called the Mercedes Dealer here in Daytona to find out how much the OEM part was.  $239 plus tax.  Um.  Yeah.  No.   Went on Amazon and found a knock-off for, no shtein, $25 including free shipping and no tax.  Broke it down and put it back together in less than 20 minutes, and trust me, I'm no mechanical genius (although my kid is, which is ironic).  I have a modest level of experience in dealing with these things and there's a lot I can't do, but there is no way I'm paying some grease monkey that sort of dough to do something I can learn how to do in 20 minutes by watching a video.

Anyway, yay for me.

Diomedes

I know two grease monkeys at least who are smarter than you by a country mile but congrats on your mechanical achievement nonetheless Romebo.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

The boots on the cv axles broke so I replaced both axles. There was a lot of grease

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on May 04, 2018, 07:09:47 AM
I know two grease monkeys at least who are smarter than you by a country mile but congrats on your mechanical achievement nonetheless Romebo.

That's nice.   Here's hoping you all get AIDS and die. 

❤️

Tomahawk

Speaking of cv axles, since I replaced them, I'm getting a full 1.5 mpg better mileage. That seems weird; the only reason I can think of is with less lube, the axles were harder to turn.