Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Do you do any work, or do you spend all your time talking to troglodytes?  You and Rome seem to do nothing but engage these deplorables..
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

You know where I live.  It's not exactly a liberal stronghold.  That said, the people I associate with are horrified by Trump.  He's a demented, compulsively lying vulgarian of the worst sort, but most people in this country are just like him.  That's reality, Dio. 

Geowhizzer

I live in an area that runs conservative.  Granted, I generally cavort with other educators from the vast liberal conspiracy, but most of them don't like Trump at all.

The old-fart retirees, though...

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on January 13, 2018, 11:26:44 AM
You know where I live.  It's not exactly a liberal stronghold.  That said, the people I associate with are horrified by Trump.  He's a demented, compulsively lying vulgarian of the worst sort, but most people in this country are just like him.  That's reality, Dio. 

Most people are not just like him.  Hillary farging Clinton, one of the least popular politicians in United States, garnered 3 million more votes than he did. 

What I'm talking about is how regularly you two post about your interactions with Deplorables at work, on FB, etc.  And I wonder...how and why do you spend so much time with/engaging these people?  I'm a farging contractor, trust me, I have as many of these fools around me as anyone else, but I don't spend even a minute of my time and attention discussing shtein with them. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on January 13, 2018, 11:21:27 AM
Do you do any work, or do you spend all your time talking to troglodytes?  You and Rome seem to do nothing but engage these deplorables..

I don't engage them. I hear it being said

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Diomedes on January 13, 2018, 12:13:05 PM
Quote from: Rome on January 13, 2018, 11:26:44 AM

Most people are not just like him.  Hillary farging Clinton, one of the least popular politicians in United States, garnered 3 million more votes than he did. 

What I'm talking about is how regularly you two post about your interactions with Deplorables at work, on FB, etc.  And I wonder...how and why do you spend so much time with/engaging these people?  I'm a farging contractor, trust me, I have as many of these fools around me as anyone else, but I don't spend even a minute of my time and attention discussing shtein with them.

It's hard to avoid it when you talk to a hundred people a day. I just listen and then continue taking their order or doing my job

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 13, 2018, 12:19:01 PM

I seem to recall many posts over the years about you telling some deplorable this or that, but regardless, what kind of work atmosphere tolerates political bullshtein? 

PhillyPhreak54

Customers talk about it

They like when homeowners and businesses have money to spend bc that means they're busy. And bc of the "news" saying Trump is responsible for the market they love him for that

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 13, 2018, 12:19:01 PM

This.

I work in a government office.  I hear it from the public and even more so from the spoiled baby boomer geriatric toddlers I work with.  And yes, I have friends who are in their 50's and are more concerned with retirement money than immigration equity or civil rights.   Shocking, I know. 

PhillyPhreak54

Hope this is a hack of some sort but twitter has people saying the EAS alerts are going out to people in Hawaii saying of ballistic missiles inbound and to seek shelter

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 13, 2018, 01:21:58 PM
Hope this is a hack of some sort but twitter has people saying the EAS alerts are going out to people in Hawaii saying of ballistic missiles inbound and to seek shelter

False alarm thank god

What a kick in the nuts to have to see that

SD

General_Failure

Now would be the perfect time to launch, though. Who's going to believe the second warning?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Tomahawk

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 13, 2018, 01:21:58 PM

This was farging gnarly.  I won't lie, I slept in this morning and I woke up to the radio and this weird talk about civil defense and false alarm - shtein happens a lot here with sirens gong off at strange hours due to salt water erosion and yes even rats eating wires.  I heard nothing and laughed when I turned my phone on and there were all kinds of emergency warnings.  Just turned on the local news and people were in a state of panic.  People in Waikiki, at the gym, in their cars, restaurants, shtein they just showed a clip of people at Pearl Harbor watching the video of the bombing at the Memorial center that visitors watch before heading out to the Arizona.  They got the announcement but the movie continued playing, that must have been a nice calm environment.  Clips of people climbing into manholes with their kids.  Un freaking real.  Just talked to a friend on Maui and she was in her car with her kids and niece.  She was in tears. 

Looking like human error during a shift change at Emergency Management Center.  People very anger it took 38 minutes to give all clear.  So much has been exposed this morning. 

I told Sea Biscuit at least I would have been sleeping when I got vaporized or North Koreans could have waited until Foles throws his first INT or Julio Jones performs the reenactment of the attack on Byron Maxwell with Darby.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.