Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

Great find.  :-D

"Ho-ho-holy shtein!"
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

'Westworld' Creators Set Futuristic Drama Series 'The Peripheral' at Amazon
QuoteJoy and Nolan, via their Warner Bros. Television-based Kilter Films banner, are set to adapt William Gibson's book The Peripheral as a drama for Amazon Studios. The project landed at Amazon in a competitive situation, with the retailer/streaming outlet handing out a script-to-series order. (Meaning that should the script for the drama come in well, it would be picked up straight to series rather than going through the traditional pilot process or pay a sizable financial penalty.)

The Peripheral revolves around Flynne Fisher, a woman in a near-future America in which technology has started to subtly alter society. Flynne discovers a hidden connection to a very different reality — and the dark future of her own.

This is the first time in forever that I'm actually excited about a tv show. The Peripheral is easily my favorite book from the last ten years, and probably the best book William Gibson's written.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

It's gonna be The Wire for white people.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

I'm 7 episodes through Cobra Kai. It's awesome if you were a fan of the original Karate Kid, horrible if you weren't.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Zanshin

I'm behind the times, but I finally got around to watching the first season of Westworld. Really enjoyed it. Smart writing, genre-bending fun and lots of bare breasts. It's like they know me.

hbionic

Because of your smart writing and bare breasts?

Zanshin

Quote from: hbionic on May 03, 2018, 03:17:17 PM
Because of your smart writing and bare breasts?

Obviously.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Zanshin

I seriously considered posting one. Be careful what you wish for.

hbionic

Which one? The dark ones or the red one on your back?

Zanshin

Centerfold; like a collage.

Susquehanna Birder

Been watching Legion for a while now. First season was cool, with a lot of weird shtein included. This season is a lot of weird shtein with a little cool stuff thrown in. I'm sticking with it, hoping that somehow it all ends up making some kind of sense. And I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed...but I won't give up.

Eagles_Legendz

Barry was very good Sunday.  Atlanta has been excellent if derivative even for its standards.