the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

so a rapper named xxxtentacion died. i have zero idea who that is. never so much as heard the name. its the #1 trend on twitter.

you all know me as a pop culture dork who pays way too much attention to this crap. but its the moment, right here, that i am officially old. is there initiation or do you just sign up?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Great. Now they'll probably cancel Tiger Tuesdays too.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

"new" reddit sucks

takes forever to load, huge blocks of content appear and disappear on the screen, so you have to scroll or mouse over to get it to appear, etc.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

not for any specific reason but i can say i have never been on reditt a single time and to this moment i still dont know what it even is

Diomedes

it's a constellation of messageboards, basically.  you name it, there's a "sub" for it, full of people doing exactly what we do here

ice grillin you

is there a main page where all the message boards are listed or do you have to do a search and find them

PhillyPhreak54

search for it

there is some farged up shtein there

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 31, 2018, 10:57:51 AM
search for it

there is some farged up shtein there

yeah isnt that where 4chan is and in general a lot of reddit is a hate group and/or conspiracy theory wasteland....but it also seems like theres a lot of cool info coming out of it too

PhillyPhreak54

It definitely has some great stuff on there. I go there for a few things to read about

Buuuut...yeah, there is some racist nasty ass shtein on there.

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 31, 2018, 10:41:55 AM
is there a main page where all the message boards are listed or do you have to do a search and find them

there's a "main" page that aggregates the most popular posts from across all the various "subreddits" (messageboards).  It's the merest sampling of what's going on, they bill it as the "front page" of the internet.  there's also a similar page, doing the same thing, but only for those subreddits to which you've subscribed.  the depth and breadth of subjects covered by their own subreddit is staggering and basically as wide and deep as the entire internet.  I've been using the site for years and years now to track and discuss subjects of interest to me, like carpentry, blood bowl, Baltimore, etc.

they recently rolled out a new look and I think it sucks, will reduce how much I use the site

QB Eagles

I don't know how, but I have never seen the new layout when logged in.

When you are logged out, it looks like you can go to http://old.reddit.com.