Sports Suffering Cities (updated thru '19 Washington Nationals)

Started by ice grillin you, January 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

It's now been six years since any of NY, Dallas, or Washington won a championship in any major North American sport.

Been a little over 24 hours for their NFC East rival.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

QB Eagles

Thanks for the update.

If nothing happens, Minny takes over the suffering crown in 2024. This Vikings window might decide it.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

kind of amazing that the legit sports city most in need of a title is ny
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i would say its detroit....ny is higher on the list because they have a billion teams but its been longer in detroit and they have nothing else

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on February 21, 2018, 12:17:16 PM
kind of amazing that the legit sports city most in need of a title is ny

Problem with this list is there's not actually anyone who roots for all the NY teams. If you're a typical Giants/Yanks fan, you're doing just fine. If you root for all the little brother teams, you're in a worse sports hell than Philly pre 2008.

MDS

ive always been partial to buffalo after the 4 super bowl losses but their fan base is a bunch of maga bros and they can all just die

minnesota is the biggest 4 for 4 place needing a title but after their crybaby act their fans pulled last month, they too can die

detroit is fair. at least its a real, 4 for 4 city.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

bills fans get so overrated because of that stupid bills mafia shtein....meanwhile they have closed off their upper deck many times....and even when they dont there are full empty sections for games....i know they havent been great but there is a reason they almost moved to canada on a couple of different occasions

QB Eagles

It's a top tier tailgate situation but every other aspect of the franchise is mediocre to sad. At least you can say it's an NFL football town though. It would mean way more than Arizona or Atlanta being champs.

Detroit is the most legitimate 4 for 4 team near the top, but ten years since a legendary hockey franchise won isn't suffering unless you don't care about hockey (in which case you aren't a 4/4 anyway).

I lived up there when the Pistons won their last one. People are suffering up there but not because of sports.

Rome

The Buffalo fans I'm friends with are every bit as loyal and passionate as we are.  And I know more Trump loving Eagles fans than Bills fans.  Just sayin...

SD

Quote from: Rome on February 22, 2018, 06:54:26 AM
The Buffalo fans I'm friends with are every bit as loyal and passionate as we are.  And I know more Trump loving Eagles fans than Bills fans.  Just sayin...

Served with a bunch of Buffalo fans, they're not nearly as passionate. After the draft I asked them what they thought of JP Losman, their response was "who?". I know those few are not representative of every Bills fan but can you imagine one Eagles fan who doesn't know who their 1st round pick is much less if it was a QB.

phattymatty

Quote from: AO1 on February 22, 2018, 09:01:59 AM
but can you imagine one Eagles fan who doesn't know who their 1st round pick is much less if it was a QB.

I've met several over the last two weeks.

SD

Quote from: phattymatty on February 22, 2018, 09:38:14 AM
Quote from: AO1 on February 22, 2018, 09:01:59 AM
but can you imagine one Eagles fan who doesn't know who their 1st round pick is much less if it was a QB.

I've met several over the last two weeks.

The bandwagon is full after a SB. Catch an average fan during the offseason.

Rome

These are guys I've known for 25 years.  They watch every game every week same as us.  There's plenty of shirt tail fans out there on every side.