Sports Suffering Cities (updated thru '19 Washington Nationals)

Started by ice grillin you, January 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Why is Winnipeg the one Canadian city on this list?

Seems clear to me that at this point the three cities deepest in sports hell are Buffalo, Minny, and DC. No one cares in SD, and once they are down to just the Padres they will start falling down the list anyway. Milwaukee is full of Packer and Blackhawk fans, and the next three down the list (Atlanta, Houston - sorry J, Phoenix) I consider bad pro sports cities to begin with. In those Sun Belt cities, most of the population moved from somewhere else anyway.

ice grillin you

i think qb should make a list of "sports suffering cities that matter"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

if the caps win tonight it will break one of the most amazing streaks in sports history.....DC has gone 66 seasons played without a team making even a final four of any sport

MDS

is that more amazing than philadelphia going over 20 seasons without a team winning a playoff round in any sport
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yes because the ovechkin era caps and the harper era nats are actually great teams who win the regular seasons of their leagues...to win a playoff series you gotta like make the playoffs

wash has both sides of it....they have two philly like teams in the football and basketball teams that are calamitous franchises and they have two top of their league franchises who choke in unbearable ways

66 seasons of not winning a title would put you at number 7 in all of sports....they have gone 66 without making a final four....thats impossible

phattymatty

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on May 10, 2017, 10:23:47 AM
luckily they won't win tonight.

gotta hope not because the path to a cup after tonight is a joke

MDS

senators/oilers is happening

all time horrible ratings
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Canada hasn't lifted a cup in a quarter century. Ratings won't be a problem north of the border, anyway.

MDS

phattymatty

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 10, 2017, 12:24:32 PM
Canada hasn't lifted a cup in a quarter century. Ratings won't be a problem north of the border, anyway.

wow i had to go check because i the habs winning doesn't seem that long ago. crazy.