Sports Suffering Cities (updated thru '19 Washington Nationals)

Started by ice grillin you, January 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Soul?  Someone? Anyone?  Didn't think so.

Out of curiosity I tried to find the score on my phone.  shtein for coverage, even on the espn site.  Easier getting bowling updates.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 13, 2016, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 13, 2016, 08:06:59 AM
lol at mocking the giant niner game

I guess mocking one of the great franchises in all of sports for one game makes up for the Eagles 4000 years of being pathetic

my god

Um...who mocked it?! It was a fun game to watch. Jesus Christ you and lil guy need counseling

arena is a fun game to watch?

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Quote from: Don Ho on August 26, 2016, 10:28:16 PM
Soul?  Someone? Anyone?  Didn't think so.

Out of curiosity I tried to find the score on my phone.  shtein for coverage, even on the espn site.  Easier getting bowling updates.
Philadelphia won Arena Bowl 29 last night. Anybody else flying in for the parade?

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Shaun Kauleinamoku Hawaii boy who went off last night for soul.  Local press didn't say shtein.  Granted it was a huge sports day here yesterday with Hawaii football's season opener, Hawaii Women's Volleyball season opener (almost as big as the football opener) with #6 Hawaii vs #4 Wisconsin, but this poor SOB got nothing.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 27, 2016, 07:06:39 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 13, 2016, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 13, 2016, 08:06:59 AM
lol at mocking the giant niner game

I guess mocking one of the great franchises in all of sports for one game makes up for the Eagles 4000 years of being pathetic

my god

Um...who mocked it?! It was a fun game to watch. Jesus Christ you and lil guy need counseling

arena is a fun game to watch?

Wut

Sgt PSN

Arena football is fun to watch.  But I don't watch it.  Except that one time....and I had fun. 

ice grillin you

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Indians hosting game 1 same night as the cavs ring ceremony

ice grillin you

simmons asked this on his show this week

how long does a team have to go without winning a title until you can be a tortured franchise/fanbase

QB Eagles

It can't just be years, it's years x level of pain.

If you're a middling team for a lot of years, like the Sixers before the tank, that's the least painful mode (other than winning championships, obviously). That's just doing time. A good team that constantly comes up short (particularly teams that choke or blow up in other painful ways) and a team that stays horrifically bad for a while due to a comedy of errors (like the level of the Browns or the current Sixers) are much more painful. Sixers pain could easily end up being worth it, but if Embiid and Simmons are both busts this will be a legendary era of pain.

For a team that has endured some really painful moments, I think it can be as short as 20 years. For instance, I think there's some evidence that Cowboy fans are already feeling a little tortured.

If the team has been boring garbage most of the time, I think it's more like 30+ years. I wouldn't have considered the Saints tortured in 1990 even though their history was putrid, but by the time they won in 2009, that was a tortured fanbase, and not just because half of them drowned.

In the NFL it's hard to touch the Browns (who in addition to suffering a colossal number of horrific events since their heyday, lost their team for a while and saw the old franchise quickly win a SB) and the Bills (who lost 4 straight). Plus, they are both on playoff droughts longer than a decade. Eagles are in the next tier. When I talk to fans of the Vikings and Lions, I think their defeatist attitudes are kinda similar to ours even though the experiences of the 3 teams have been rather distinct. Jets and Chiefs aren't as bad, but modern fans never watched those Super Bowl wins and both teams have gone through some painful shtein. Falcons, Titans, Jags, Cards, and Chargers have like 100 real fans combined so who cares.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

of the original 16 mlb teams the indians and phillies are now tied for the fewest chips with 2