Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i actually watched the entire game last night
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

CONSPIRACY

You cant tell me the league doesnt try to even up games.  Hell, they did it for the Flyers game 3, and did the same last night.  Its sickening. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

didnt even think one second about when they showed it during the game and havent since...i just dont buy into that stuff...its all internet created...sports is no different now than it was 25 years ago...the difference is now kids love to run on the internet and talk crap like that and for some reason people buy into it....back in the day there was no such thing as conspiracies...sports was just sports...now this internet age population has to bring made up drama into everything...i honestly feel sorry for you people that you cant even enjoy the games like they should be

Seabiscuit36

Sorry, the Malkin non suspension for doing more than what Carcillo did, complete BS.  If you cant see that they have run the sport into the ground, thats on you.  Random suspensions, talk of not allowing fights, Non suspensions for double misconducts since its a star player.  If Richards goes after Zetterberg under 2 mins, and isnt tied down, do you think he's not suspended?  Its a guaranteed suspension on two counts, the double Misconducts, and the instigator within the final 2 (Sending a Message).  Its laughable. 

The league has 6 teams on the ropes, hoping someone buys them or at least gives them more capital. 
4 immediate things i'd like to see
-The league needs to first retract to at the minimum 24 teams. 
-Get rid of the 3 ref system, too many calls from center ice away from the play. 
-Get rid of Campbell and his random application of the rulebook.
-Shorten the season, so the SCF is ends in May.  Hockey in June is dumb. 

The league also is facing huge pressure from the KHL.  You have older Russian and Euro players leaving, already before the season is even over.  The KHL pays Taxes for the players not to mention other perks.  The NHL is struggling just to survive.  If the league doesnt contract, you will have an even more watered down product than you currently have. 

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

again if you feel the need to overanalyze every single call to the death to the point where you actually believe there are conspiracies in pro sports then i honestly feel bad for you.....i dont know what id do if the fun was taken out of it for me

i guarantee what happened is you didnt watch the game last night...then went on a message board today and saw a 25 page thread on the to many men non call and about how bettman and his evil henchman sent down a message to fix the series so crosby could win a title...this only happens on the internet

in real life mixed in with our discussion of the game i might say to my boy damn did you see that to many man on the ice missed call last night...hed laugh and be like yeah that was crazy...then wed move on to talking about how the series has been and where its going...like normal non internet message board sports fans have been doing since forever

rjs246

Wait, is the biggest internet message board nerd of all time railing against internet message board nerdery?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

lol

nah, i got texts from my buddy who was watching, then saw the pics.  nice try though.  Thanks for playing. 

I'm not watching the games for one reason, i dont want to help in the ratings.  If you cant admit the league wants Crosby to hold a cup, you are just blind. 

ice grillin you

theres a difference btwn posting on a message board as a fan and being a message board sports type fan

i was into sports before internet sports fans were even born...i have a foundation that was built long before the internet even existed

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 03, 2009, 10:05:20 AM
theres a difference btwn posting on a message board as a fan and being a message board sports type fan

i was into sports before internet sports fans were even born...i have a foundation that was built long before the internet even existed

Hahahaha

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Plans are in the works for the Internet Hall of Fame statue in honor of the greatness of IGY.  I plan to shower it with seashell necklaces and Warrior LAX sticks. 

rjs246

I'm going to place a well watched copy of Fight Club next to the statue in his honor.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 03, 2009, 10:04:37 AM
I'm not watching the games for one reason, i dont want to help in the ratings.   

haha

unless you have a neilson box connected to your tv or participate in a neilson diary no one has any idea what youre watching on television....if you really wanna hurt the league contact neilson and tell them you want to get involved and then write in the book they gave you "i watched everything on tv that night except the nhl"

MDS

the nhl has actually seen better numbers on vs. this playoffs. those numbers still suck compared to just about every other semi-major sport, but they are better than they have been in the past.

so for you fools who like the league the way it is with too many teams and 600 teams in the south, praise your hero gary bettman.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

is that a shot at IGY? 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 03, 2009, 09:36:22 AM
didnt even think one second about when they showed it during the game and havent since...i just dont buy into that stuff...its all internet created...sports is no different now than it was 25 years ago...the difference is now kids love to run on the internet and talk crap like that and for some reason people buy into it....back in the day there was no such thing as conspiracies...sports was just sports...now this internet age population has to bring made up drama into everything...i honestly feel sorry for you people that you cant even enjoy the games like they should be

the shoeless joe jackson says hi. 

as long as there's been sports, there have been people conspiring to say that the league/refs/mafia controlled the outcome of games.  i had an uncle as a kid who, every time a philly team lost, would say that the game was fixed.  they only difference is that back then, there was no internet for joe the douchebag fan to blab on and on about how the refs/league/mafia fixes games.  if there was, i can guarantee that my uncle, and everyone who thought just like him would have been blogging about it every single day. 

the drama is and always has been there.  the only thing the internet is make it more accessable.