The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

didnt like that zesty org
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Orpik takes the cash to re-sign....6 yrs, $23M

Rome

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 02, 2008, 01:32:22 PM
Avery just got 4/$15.5M from Dallas

Carolina gave Pitkanen $12M  :-D

Reason #1,000,000,000 to despise Dallas.

And wtf is Carolina thinking giving Joni that kind of dough?  Good God.

ice grillin you

i havent seen his final numbers but did joni get 1 year for 12 mil???...i dont understand why everyone is going nuts over his signing...i mean avery got over 15 mil...either joni got one or two years or you people dont understand the current nhl salary numbers...OR as i suspect youre trying to hate all over an ex flyer...however if he got a one or two year deal for 12 mil then i can see getting all ignant over it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

He got a 3-year, $12 million dollar deal.
1 - 3.5
2 - 4
3 - 4.5

BigEd posted a laugh smiley, I made a joke about him not having as much value as the guy they traded for him, and Rome did get a little "indignant."  But you make it sound like the entire board is absolutely up in arms over the contract, and you're swooping in to save the day.

Stop it.

BigEd76

Fedotenko and Satan to the Penguins, and Marc-Andre Fleury gets a new long-term deal

Markus Naslund to the Rangers

Rob Blake to the Sharks

Georges Laraque to the Canadiens

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 03, 2008, 06:05:49 AM
1 - 3.5
2 - 4
3 - 4.5

BigEd posted a laugh smiley, I made a joke about him not having as much value as the guy they traded for him, and Rome did get a little "indignant."  But you make it sound like the entire board is absolutely up in arms over the contract, and you're swooping in to save the day.

Stop it.

can you explain what  :-D and wtf? mean in terms of the contract pitkanen signed?

just askin

BigEd76

Pitkanen never lived up to his potential and tries to be Timonen instead of Hatcher.  He's soft and two organizations gave up on him in one year.....then Carolina gives him $12M.  That's why it's funny (and why the pro leagues suck when a team has money to blow)...

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 03, 2008, 11:55:22 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on July 03, 2008, 06:05:49 AM
1 - 3.5
2 - 4
3 - 4.5

Stop it.

can you explain what  :-D and wtf? mean in terms of the contract pitkanen signed?

just askin

Indignant is a pretty strong word for people taking mild pot-shots.  As usual, you love you some hyperbole.

Rome

Joni isn't worth 12 cents let alone 12 million dollars.

Hyperbole!

QB Eagles

Jaromír Jágr was signed by Avangard Omsk.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 04, 2008, 10:15:18 AM
Jaromír Jágr was signed by Avangard Omsk.

Later ya whiney bitch:
Quote"And I also want to say to the people like Mike Milbury who made their living by criticizing me all the time, that they can kiss my [butt]."

Dan Boyle waived his NTC to go to San Jose. stupid move on their part, they should have just re-signed Campbell

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 04, 2008, 12:05:46 AM
Pitkanen never lived up to his potential and tries to be Timonen instead of Hatcher.  He's soft and two organizations gave up on him in one year.....then Carolina gives him $12M.  That's why it's funny (and why the pro leagues suck when a team has money to blow)...

yeah and if he had lived up to his potential hed be making 6 mil a year...your tunnell vision on joni because hes an ex flyer is preventing you from seeing that big picture and what defensemen around the league make...is he slightly overpaid perhaps...is it worth lolololoing and carrying on like a bunch of school girls....absolutely not

Rome

$12M for a guy on his third team in less than a year is definitely worth laughing about.  It's less about laughing at Joni and his mediocre play than it is about Carolina dumping millions in his lap, IGY.

Seabiscuit36

Jason Smith signed a 2 year deal with the Sens, rumor is they signed him without a Physical..lol
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons