The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

I guess Campbells contract demands hurt his value. Bernier only has 13 goals and 10 assists this season.

Cerevant

I saw "Tradecentre '08" on the TV when I went to lunch.  Go TSN.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

BigEd76

The Penguins just got Hossa (and Pascal Dupuis) for 3 young players and a 1st-rd pick.  Too much for a rental

SunMo

they wouldn't trade for him unless they were going to re-sign him.  it's not enough for a player of his caliber.  once again Atlanta gets rolled.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

They still need to sign Malkin to a long-term deal.  Not sure where they'll get all this money from...

ha...Minnesota traded for Chris Simon

ice grillin you

i dont see how pittsburgh resings hossa AND malkin

i think hossa is a rental...they didnt give up much...two guys who get scratched a lot and a prospect who sucks

they are making a run for this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

There's going to be torch-bearing lynch parties searching for Darcy Regier in Buffalo because of that Campbell trade.

How do you lose your best player again because you're too cheap to pay him?

Good God.

BigEd76

Ottawa fired their head coach with 19 games left and they're the #2 seed

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 27, 2008, 05:14:40 PM
it worked out well for Lou before. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 27, 2008, 05:14:40 PM

Wasn't their HC part of the Flyers organization for a long time?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

he scored the tying goal in the bob nystrom offsides game...which by the way is one of the great getting drunk with your friends sports trivia questions ever

i wanna say he coached in hershey too...but maybe not

he also was in the flyers front office in the late 80's
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

He did coach in Hershey...I think during the 80s when the Flyers were going to the Finals and stuff.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Hossa got knocked out with a knee injury already

SD_Eagle5

PhillyGirl