The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on June 21, 2007, 07:55:45 PM
i love how, if you drop Briere's name over at Flyersphans, they freak out

I just read some of that.  Those clowns are worse than the fargs at the Phillies Phorum.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i also think they trade it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

When someone starts a thread stating that Briere sucks, then yeah, it's worse than the seamheads.

BTW: He actually used the word "Danielle" in the thread.  Douchebaggery Supremo.

SunMo

apparantly, Brad Richards may be available for trade.

would you give up #2 for him?

he has 4 years left a 7.8 million

Rome

Wow - $7.8M per season is a lot of coin for Richards.  I don't know about that...

The thing about Richards is he's incredibly durable.  Dook's only missed 2 games in his entire career.  He's a solid second liner but I'd rather have LeCavalier for that kind of dough.

SunMo

yeah, but after Drury and Briere get around seven and a half, that deal might not look so bad for Richards

ice grillin you

richards is better than gomez and much better than briere

Rome

Yeah, I guess.  His stats are pretty similar to Drury's and they're better than Briere's plus like I said he's a lot more durable than Briere.

I guess I'd think it over.

ice grillin you

briere is best suited to play behind a drury gomez or richards...there is no way in hell hes a number one center in this league...i dont want to have a 5'9-5/10 180 finesse guy going up against the other teams checking center who is usually a physically powerful guy

Seabiscuit36

Supposedly Patrick Marleau is on the market.  I'd rather have him than Briere/Drury/Richards. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 21, 2007, 08:42:17 PM
briere is best suited to play behind a drury gomez or richards...there is no way in hell hes a number one center in this league...i dont want to have a 5'9-5/10 180 finesse guy going up against the other teams checking center who is usually a physically powerful guy

If he's best suited to play behind Drury then why is he #1 on the Sabres depth chart?  Why did he actually log slightly more ice time than Drury last season?

I think you guys are being way too hard on him.

Still, I already said that I'd rather have a guy like Vinnie C.  I don't know if the Flyers have enough to get him or if Tampa is crazy enough to trade him, but you never know.

The BIGSTUD

Eklund on WIP is saying that the Flyers could very well get Kane, because the Blackhawks don't want him and they want Turris, and so do the Canucks who are talking trade with Chicago.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Seabiscuit36

Elkund is a Fraud.  But i'd be perfectly happy to get Kane, Turris, Cherepanov. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 21, 2007, 09:00:04 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 21, 2007, 08:42:17 PM

If he's best suited to play behind Drury then why is he #1 on the Sabres depth chart?  Why did he actually log slightly more ice time than Drury last season?

I think you guys are being way too hard on him.

Still, I already said that I'd rather have a guy like Vinnie C.  I don't know if the Flyers have enough to get him or if Tampa is crazy enough to trade him, but you never know.

I can't imagine the Lightning would trade him in a million years.  He is the franchise right now.