The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

The Anaheim Mighty Ducks are your 2007 Stanley Cup Champions!

MDS

canada sucks  :-D

USA! USA!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

"...and it only took them 14 years!"

shut the f*** up, Gary

MDS

Bettman also bragging about how alive hockey is in California and how they are the first west team in win the Cup. Idiot. He got booed from the Ducks crowd and they just won the Cup. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

The only reason I care is because I picked the Ducks at the beginning of the playoffs.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

rjs246

I can't believe that the TV Ratings nerds have hijacked this thread. This matchup was exactly what the Cup should be about. Potent offense versus the prototypical playoff defense. TV Ratings or no TV Ratings, this offseason and the final in particular was exactly what hockey should be about.

TV sucks. Sports rule.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

They go hand in hand, Jessie. That's where all the money comes from.

phattymatty

i watched 0 seconds of playoff hockey this year.  nba playoffs were too good.

Seabiscuit36

I know where the ratings stand, but it was a very good cup series.  Had to love the Anaheim fans booing Bettman on sight.  Anaheim deserved this cup, they played consistent all year, especially when it counted
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

No one watches boxing on TV, or hurling (an insane Irish sport), or lacrosse, or rugby, all of which are great sports. Classic sports. The fact that this entire thread has been tainted by talk of television is the most non-hetero thing that MDS has done since he made his anti-collar-popper tirade. Grow some farging balls and enjoy an outstanding sport instead of talking about TV ratings. Woman.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

Is hurling some type of organized Irish drinking game i dont know about?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

It's a farging crazy irish sport that mixes Rugby and Australian rules football with field hockey/hockey/baseball/lacrosse. The players have bats and the goal it to beat this hard field-hockey-like ball into a goal. The first game I ever watched, this dude farging wailed a shot at the goal and nailed the goalie (who was wearing no protection of any sort) right in the head. Blood everywhere. Dude was unconscious for several minutes. They brought him around with smelling salts, wrapped his smashed up head in a cloth to keep the blood out of his eyes and HE DIDN'T LEAVING THE fargING GAME. That's a real man, and a real sport, right there.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

MDS

QuoteNBC's 1.8/3 was good for fourth

rjs246

Shut up you farging woman.

Let them eat bootstraps.