The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

The NHL all-star game is nothing like regular hockey.  Probably less like the regular game than any other sport, including football's.

Though this is probably Bettman's dream NHL.  And so the pussification of the National Hockey League continues.

Geowhizzer

VS is doing their own idiotic celebrity interviews.

Of course, the NFL gets Sly Stallone.

The NHL gets some wrestler guy named Edge.  :-D

BigEd76

0.7 rating....and during its time period, it was only the 18th-most watched show on TV in the host city  :-D

Yahoo writer has had enough of Bettman

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 29, 2007, 05:53:34 PM
0.7 rating....and during its time period, it was only the 18th-most watched show on TV in the host city  :-D

Yahoo writer has had enough of Bettman

Mike and Mike this morning said how the all-star game was outdone by TV Land showing 50-year-old reruns of Andy Griffith.

ice grillin you

not surprising..im one of the few people who like hockey and i refuse to watch the all-star game

the nba all star game is the only one worth anything and thats not even that good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

no all star game is that good.

nhl=dead
nfl=n/a
mlb=everyone good out by the 4th inning
nba=stupid alleyoops and shtein until the last 2 minutes when they kinda seriously ball but still dont really care

nuke all star games.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Father Demon

Former St. Louis Blue Kieth Tkachuk traded to Atlanta for a first round pick in 2007, a third round pick in 2007 and and second round pick in 2008 plus Glen Metropolit. If Atlanta re-signs Tkachuk this summer the Blues will receive an additional first round pick in 2008.

Great deal for the Blues.

Billy Guerin is next, and he's been a better player than Walt.  Hopefully, the Blues can top that deal in Guerin's trade (unless they now decide to give him a 2-year extension, which I would be in favor of).
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

MDS

poker after dark, which comes on at 2:00 in the morning, is watched by more people than the nhl. granted, 3/4ths of the audience probably passed out in the middle of leno and didnt turn the tv off...but still. sad.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

St Louis raped the Thrashers today getting Sloppy seconds after the flyers hit them up yesterday.  Great move for your team Demon
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Another Blues trade:  Bill Guerin to San Jose for the Devils' 1st-rd pick

Seabiscuit36

Paul Mara(boston) to the Rangers for Adam Hall

Laraque to Pittsburg, they'll at least have someone stick up for all the pests on that team

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Crazy trades today.  This is the most active trade deadline that i can remember for the NHL

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on February 27, 2007, 02:19:27 PM
Bertuzzi to Detroit

He should be in jail, but Detroit's close.

SD_Eagle5

Zubrus (Former Flyer) was dealt to the Sabres for Jiri Novotny and a 1st rd pick