The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

the philly caps or philly thrashers?

rjs246

Quote from: phattymatty on November 27, 2006, 10:32:21 AM
the philly caps or philly thrashers?

Neither dingis. They sarcastically talk about how some of the players in the fight were formerly philly players and say something like 'Are we in Philly right now with all of these fights.'
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

like i actually watched it.

SD_Eagle5

Blackhawks fired Coach Trent Yawney. He'll be replaced by Assistant and legendary Blackhawk Denis Savard.

BigEd76

The three worst teams in the NHL have fired their coaches already.  St. Louis, you're next!

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Father Demon

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 27, 2006, 09:44:24 PM
The three worst teams in the NHL have fired their coaches already.  St. Louis, you're next!

Let's hope.  It was s tupid move to fire Quenville and then extend Kitchen as the coach.  Of course it doesn't help that the new owners aren't really building a new team right now rather than bringing in old Blues players hoping to fill the seats.  DIDN'T WORK, JACKASSES!

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

BigEd76

LeClair was put on waivers.  Supposedly the Flyers are interested in bringing him back...

SD_Eagle5

Big, slow, old, lost his scoring touch, former Flyer...sounds like a perfect fit.

Father Demon

Went to Brett Hull Jersey Retirement Night with Phanatic last night.  Retirement ceremonies are cool.  Lots of great alumni there.  And Brett's new wife is smokin' hot.

Brett and Bobby Hull are now the only father-son duo to both have their jersey retired in any sport. 

We were sitting right next to the Hull luxury box, and Bobby was really enjoying himself.  I kept waiting for him to spill his wine over the wall onto the fans in front of him.  One dude got his Hull jersey signed by both Bobby and Brett -- wonder when I'll see it on eBay?
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

ice grillin you

Brett and Bobby Hull are now the only father-son duo to both have their jersey retired in any sport

mark howe should have his jersey retired by the flyers 
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 06, 2006, 10:40:07 AM
Brett and Bobby Hull are now the only father-son duo to both have their jersey retired in any sport

mark howe should have his jersey retired by the flyers 

He should be in the HOF as well.

MDS

The Howe Caverns should be in the hall of fame, too.

Kill me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Father Demon

Shocking news.

The Blues fired coach Mike Kitchen today.  Andy Murray is the "interim" head coach.

Blues Hire Andy Murray As Head Coach
Murray Replaces Mike Kitchen
St. Louis, MO – December 11, 2006 – Andy Murray, one of hockey's most respected coaches with over 25 years of experience at both the National Hockey League and International level, has been named the Head Coach of the St. Louis Blues, it was announced today by John Davidson, president, St. Louis Blues Hockey Operations. Murray becomes the 22nd coach in the history of the St. Louis Blues replacing Mike Kitchen, who was relieved of his duties this evening.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, as per team policy.

"Andy comes to us with extensive experience and a very successful coaching pedigree," said, John Davidson, president, St. Louis Blues Hockey Operations. "He is one of the most prepared coaches in the NHL and I believe that he is the right person for the job. I look forward to working with him closely as we move ahead and get this franchise back to where it belongs."

"I would like to thank Mike Kitchen for the job he has done here the past two seasons," continued Davidson. "He has stood behind our bench admirably and should be commended for that. I wish him nothing but the best of luck."

Murray is the Los Angeles Kings' All-Time leader in wins (215) and games coached (480). His Kings' teams recorded 90 or more points three times and he was the second fastest coach to win 100 games in Kings' history. He guided Team Canada to a Gold Medal in the 1997 and 2003 World Championships, becoming the only Canadian coach to win the Gold Medal twice. As an assistant coach with Team Canada he won a Silver Medal in the 1996 World Cup of Hockey. He has a record six Gold Medals as a coach for Canada in the Spengler Cup Tournament.

Prior to joining the Kings in 1999 he guided the Canadian National Team to a 77-29-14 record over two years. Murray has been a coach with the Winnipeg Jets (1993-95), Minnesota North Stars (1990-92) and Philadelphia Flyers (1988-90).

Andy and his wife Ruth, have three children, Braden, Jordan and Sarah. Braden was the 5th round pick by the Kings in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
Andy Murray – Career Statistics
North American Professional
1999-2006 Head Coach, Los Angeles Kings, NHL
1995-1996 Consultant, Phoenix Roadrunners, IHL
1993-1995 Associate Coach, Winnipeg Jets, NHL
1990-1992 Assistant Coach, Minnesota North Stars, NHL
1988-1990 Philadelphia Flyers, NHL

International
2003 Head Coach, Team Canada, World Hockey Championship
1996-1998 Head Coach, Canadian National Team
1998 Team Canada, World Hockey Championships
1998 Associate Head Coach, Team Canada, Olympic Games, Nagano, Japan

Never should have fired Quennville [/sour puss]

BigEd76

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 27, 2006, 09:44:24 PM

ha

Meanwhile, Roenick might be done with Phoenix (and the NHL)